Fluid power-focused organizations from across the globe came together in late April for the virtually held Fluid Power Summit, hosted by the VDMA. Twenty-seven representatives from 16 countries – Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States – participated and shared information on fluid power and economic trends in their home markets.
Highlights from NFPA’s presentation on the U.S. include:
- Production of non-aerospace hydraulic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $9.2 billion dollars, while production of non-aerospace pneumatic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $2.7 billion dollars.
- U.S. fluid power shipments decreased 17.3% in 2020, following another decrease of 5.9% in 2019. This decline has been mainly attributed to unfavorable economic conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainty in foreign trade policies/tariffs.
- U.S. hydraulic shipments decreased 20.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 7.1% in 2019, while U.S. pneumatic shipments decreased 8.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 4.0% in 2019.
- U.S. fluid power product exports dropped 14.3% in 2020, a decline of nearly one billion dollars since 2019, while U.S. fluid power product imports fell 16.9% in 2020, declining one and half billion dollars since 2019.
Explore the presentations from the event at the links below:
- Global Mechanical Engineering Update
- International Fluid Power Statistics
- Belgium – Indumotion
- Finland– FFPA
- France – ARTEMA
- Germany – VDMA
- India – FPSI
- Italy – ASSOFLUID
- Japan – JFPA
- Netherlands – FEDA
- Poland – CORPORATION
- Spain – AIFTOP
- Sweden – SFMA
- Switzerland – GOP
- Taiwan – TFPA
- Turkey – AKDER
- United Kingdom – BFPA
- United States – NFPA
If you are an industry member or educator interested in participating in a Fluid Power Action Challenge Competition, consider using NFPA’s Find a Challenge webpage. Users can use the Find a Challenge webpage to find Fluid Power Action Challenge events in their community by filtering events by state, date, or organization name.
Fluid Power Forum is the podcast that features interesting and innovative applications of fluid power (hydraulics and pneumatics), and it’s coming to PACK EXPO International with the latest advanced pneumatic solutions for packaging machines. Pneumatics, a reliable and cost-effective technology for many core actuated functions on these machines, is becoming even more indispensable through its…
September 1, 2022 | 8:00am– 12:30pm (Central)Virtual Delivery Plan your networking in advanced with the list of current attendees for the September NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference. The upcoming conference will take place September 1, 2022 and will be held jointly with the Association for Equipment Manufactures. The conference focus is on increasing efficiency and reducing emissions…