Fluid power-focused organizations from across the globe came together in late April for the virtually held Fluid Power Summit, hosted by the VDMA. Twenty-seven representatives from 16 countries – Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States – participated and shared information on fluid power and economic trends in their home markets.
Highlights from NFPA’s presentation on the U.S. include:
- Production of non-aerospace hydraulic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $9.2 billion dollars, while production of non-aerospace pneumatic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $2.7 billion dollars.
- U.S. fluid power shipments decreased 17.3% in 2020, following another decrease of 5.9% in 2019. This decline has been mainly attributed to unfavorable economic conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainty in foreign trade policies/tariffs.
- U.S. hydraulic shipments decreased 20.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 7.1% in 2019, while U.S. pneumatic shipments decreased 8.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 4.0% in 2019.
- U.S. fluid power product exports dropped 14.3% in 2020, a decline of nearly one billion dollars since 2019, while U.S. fluid power product imports fell 16.9% in 2020, declining one and half billion dollars since 2019.
Explore the presentations from the event at the links below:
- Global Mechanical Engineering Update
- International Fluid Power Statistics
- Belgium – Indumotion
- Finland– FFPA
- France – ARTEMA
- Germany – VDMA
- India – FPSI
- Italy – ASSOFLUID
- Japan – JFPA
- Netherlands – FEDA
- Poland – CORPORATION
- Spain – AIFTOP
- Sweden – SFMA
- Switzerland – GOP
- Taiwan – TFPA
- Turkey – AKDER
- United Kingdom – BFPA
- United States – NFPA
NFPA is working on a co-sponsored event with PMMI, the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute, designed to explore technology trends in the packaging machine market and present emerging pneumatic solutions. Two key objectives have already been identified for this event, likely to occur in June 2022: “Smart” pneumatics for packaging machines – i.e., pneumatic products equipped…
As many of you may know, the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) is the leading source of hydraulic and pneumatic industry data. Members get and use our data in a variety of ways to run their businesses. Part of our market information services is providing overall industry trends. Here is the latest update: Hydraulic and…
Episode 58 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Chuck White of Hallite Seals. Listen below to hear about the research Hallite and Milwaukee School of Engineering have collaborated on to improve the life span and performance of hydraulic seals in mobile equipment. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the…