Fluid power-focused organizations from across the globe came together in late April for the virtually held Fluid Power Summit, hosted by the VDMA. Twenty-seven representatives from 16 countries – Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States – participated and shared information on fluid power and economic trends in their home markets.
Highlights from NFPA’s presentation on the U.S. include:
- Production of non-aerospace hydraulic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $9.2 billion dollars, while production of non-aerospace pneumatic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $2.7 billion dollars.
- U.S. fluid power shipments decreased 17.3% in 2020, following another decrease of 5.9% in 2019. This decline has been mainly attributed to unfavorable economic conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainty in foreign trade policies/tariffs.
- U.S. hydraulic shipments decreased 20.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 7.1% in 2019, while U.S. pneumatic shipments decreased 8.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 4.0% in 2019.
- U.S. fluid power product exports dropped 14.3% in 2020, a decline of nearly one billion dollars since 2019, while U.S. fluid power product imports fell 16.9% in 2020, declining one and half billion dollars since 2019.
Explore the presentations from the event at the links below:
- Global Mechanical Engineering Update
- International Fluid Power Statistics
- Belgium – Indumotion
- Finland– FFPA
- France – ARTEMA
- Germany – VDMA
- India – FPSI
- Italy – ASSOFLUID
- Japan – JFPA
- Netherlands – FEDA
- Poland – CORPORATION
- Spain – AIFTOP
- Sweden – SFMA
- Switzerland – GOP
- Taiwan – TFPA
- Turkey – AKDER
- United Kingdom – BFPA
- United States – NFPA
2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC)August 16 – 18, 2021Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference CenterRegister Today Registration for the 2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is open, and the conference agenda includes a variety of networking opportunities to help you make quality connections with attendees from across the fluid power supply chain. Here…
Episode 49 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Ivan Sheffield of Des-Case and Barry Verdegan of 11171 Solutions LLC. Listen below to hear about the influence of ISO particle-counting contamination standards on the performance and longevity of hydraulic systems. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and…
INFLUENCE the global conversation in the standards development process.DISCOVER breakthroughs in fluid power technology.ENGAGE with important fluid power stakeholders and decision makers.JOIN the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to Technical Committee 131 – Fluid Power Systems As the International Standards Organization (ISO) secretariat for Technical Committee (TC 131) – Fluid power, NFPA coordinates standardization work, both internationally at the ISO…