Fluid power-focused organizations from across the globe came together in late April for the virtually held Fluid Power Summit, hosted by the VDMA. Twenty-seven representatives from 16 countries – Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States – participated and shared information on fluid power and economic trends in their home markets.
Highlights from NFPA’s presentation on the U.S. include:
- Production of non-aerospace hydraulic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $9.2 billion dollars, while production of non-aerospace pneumatic products in the U.S. during 2020 is estimated to be $2.7 billion dollars.
- U.S. fluid power shipments decreased 17.3% in 2020, following another decrease of 5.9% in 2019. This decline has been mainly attributed to unfavorable economic conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainty in foreign trade policies/tariffs.
- U.S. hydraulic shipments decreased 20.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 7.1% in 2019, while U.S. pneumatic shipments decreased 8.2% in 2020, following another decrease of 4.0% in 2019.
- U.S. fluid power product exports dropped 14.3% in 2020, a decline of nearly one billion dollars since 2019, while U.S. fluid power product imports fell 16.9% in 2020, declining one and half billion dollars since 2019.
Explore the presentations from the event at the links below:
- Global Mechanical Engineering Update
- International Fluid Power Statistics
- Belgium – Indumotion
- Finland– FFPA
- France – ARTEMA
- Germany – VDMA
- India – FPSI
- Italy – ASSOFLUID
- Japan – JFPA
- Netherlands – FEDA
- Poland – CORPORATION
- Spain – AIFTOP
- Sweden – SFMA
- Switzerland – GOP
- Taiwan – TFPA
- Turkey – AKDER
- United Kingdom – BFPA
- United States – NFPA
Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events of 2023!
Trying to plan ahead for future travel? Use this article to lock-in these events into your calendar! Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event April 18, 2023 Virtual Delivery Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions April 12-14, 2023 | April 26-28, 2023 Norgren; Littleton, CO | Danfoss; Ames, IA Fluid Power Forum Exhibit and Member Reception at Offshore Technology…
You’re Invited: Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event
Byline: Kyla Olson, Workforce Program and Event Manager Tuesday, April 18th, NFPA will be hosting a two-part virtual event with Purdue University. We will begin with the Indiana Workforce Engagement Group meeting where you can expect an open discussion between NFPA staff, Purdue University faculty, and industry representatives from NFPA member companies. This is meant…
Power Partner University Murray State University Focuses Heavily on Automation and Controls within Industry- Fluid Power Forum Episode 96 Now Live
This episode features Jake Hildebrant, a Professor of Electromechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Murray State University. Listen to the Podcast Here As we all know, education plays a crucial role in developing the fluid power workforce. We invited Jake into our forum to welcome Murray State University as a first-year Power Partner University, while also learning…