Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual September NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference drew an audience of over 120 attendees. The event featured three industry speakers who used their years of expertise to discuss advanced contamination control technologies for improving fluid power system efficiency, reliability and durability.
The virtual program included presentations from:
- Varnish: The Forgotten Contaminant | Mark Barnes, PhD CMRP, Senior Vice President Global Business Development, Des-Case Corporation
- Fluid Conditioning Tools to Improve Hydraulic System Performance | Bhavbhuti Pandya, Group Product Manager, Hydraulic and Lube Filters and HYDAC Technologies and Kristine Mikulan, Group Product Manager, Filter Systems, HYDAC Technologies
- Dynamic Filter Testing Reveals Need for More Robust Filter Elements | Jeffrey Mothersbaugh, Applications Engineer – Filtration, Bekaert Corporation
Presentations and video recordings from the virtual event are available for download.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference will continue at the following locations:
- December 3, 2020 location to be determined in Chicago, IL
- Topic: “Fluid Power Business Adaptability in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) Business World”
- March 4, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
- June 3, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
- September 2, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password is needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: https://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
NFPA supports student organizations at universities with annual stipend funding to help students learn about fluid power while they work on educational and technical projects. Currently for the 2023-24 academic year, there are 19 universities from across the country participating: If you are looking to get involved with these Fluid Power Clubs, see below for…
Mark your calendars for the NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Design and Specification Midway Reviews, happening in December and January. This is a fantastic opportunity for industry members to get engaged and connect with students. The reviews are 45-minute webinar presentations with 10 minutes of Q&A from the judges. During this review, students will showcase…