NFPA is seeking one or two member companies to join us for a Heroes Connect: Military to Manufacturing event to promote fluid power job opportunities to candidates enrolled in The Manufacturing Institute’s Heroes MAKE America (HMA) program on July 14th from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Central Time.
If your company is interested in hiring military-connected talent and currently has multiple open positions, this a great opportunity for you. The HMA program continues to open the doors for NFPA members to program graduates, all of whom have received training for production floor jobs in manufacturing and are looking to work in designated communities around the country.
What NFPA needs from each company presenter:
- High-resolution logo
- Preferred career page link
- 3-5 sentence company summary
- A list of specific facility locations with the greatest workforce needs
- Any specific positions you have the greatest need to fill that we can use for a targeted marketing strategy
- Identify who will represent your company during the event. We recommend at least 2-3 people per company, but more are welcome (HR/TA, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Heroes Graduates, Military Veterans, etc.) There will be a diverse group of potential candidates on the event!
- Prepare slides, photos, and video to be used during the event. We understand it may not be possible, but it is great if you are able to highlight the inside of some plants to give an idea of work environments, equipment, culture, diverse roles, etc.
Please RSVP to Amy Zignego, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30, 2021.
Make new connections and reconnect with old ones at an upcoming NFPA event. As part of our mission to strengthen the fluid power industry, we aim to help NFPA members from across the supply chain connect with each other, OEMs and related technology partners. We’ve scheduled a number of upcoming events in the coming year…
Programs like the NFPA Speaker’s Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. NFPA’s workforce programs aim to increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power…
Mary Pluta joined NFPA on September 7 as the new Workforce Program Manager. She holds a Master of Public Administration degree from UW-Milwaukee and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ripon College. Mary joins NFPA following a career working for a Wisconsin state legislator. In addition to her public policy background, Mary serves as a…