NFPA is seeking one or two member companies to join us for a Heroes Connect: Military to Manufacturing event to promote fluid power job opportunities to candidates enrolled in The Manufacturing Institute’s Heroes MAKE America (HMA) program on July 14th from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Central Time.
If your company is interested in hiring military-connected talent and currently has multiple open positions, this a great opportunity for you. The HMA program continues to open the doors for NFPA members to program graduates, all of whom have received training for production floor jobs in manufacturing and are looking to work in designated communities around the country.
What NFPA needs from each company presenter:
- High-resolution logo
- Preferred career page link
- 3-5 sentence company summary
- A list of specific facility locations with the greatest workforce needs
- Any specific positions you have the greatest need to fill that we can use for a targeted marketing strategy
- Identify who will represent your company during the event. We recommend at least 2-3 people per company, but more are welcome (HR/TA, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Heroes Graduates, Military Veterans, etc.) There will be a diverse group of potential candidates on the event!
- Prepare slides, photos, and video to be used during the event. We understand it may not be possible, but it is great if you are able to highlight the inside of some plants to give an idea of work environments, equipment, culture, diverse roles, etc.
Please RSVP to Amy Zignego, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30, 2021.
NFPA supports student organizations at universities with annual stipend funding to help students learn about fluid power while they work on educational and technical projects. Currently for the 2023-24 academic year, there are 19 universities from across the country participating: If you are looking to get involved with these Fluid Power Clubs, see below for…
Mark your calendars for the NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Design and Specification Midway Reviews, happening in December and January. This is a fantastic opportunity for industry members to get engaged and connect with students. The reviews are 45-minute webinar presentations with 10 minutes of Q&A from the judges. During this review, students will showcase…