Programs like the Power Partner University Program are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
Fluid Power Careers Information Session
March 24, 2021 | 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM CST
On March 24, the University of Cincinnati will host a Fluid Power Careers Information Session where students will hear from industry members about their companies, career opportunities and more.
We are currently seeking industry representatives to serve as panelists for the break-out sessions. NFPA will group similar representatives in break-out sessions which students will choose upon registration. Break-out session topics could be focused on a specific type of fluid power technology and its use at your company, internships and co-op programs, etc. We will finalize these topics after reviewing who the interested panelists are.
The goal of the event is to spark interest in fluid power careers and your company among University of Cincinnati students of all grade-levels. For companies that regularly attend the University of Cincinnati’s career fairs, this is a great opportunity to create awareness for students who will be looking to lock in their co-op program placement or first career before graduating.
Here is some background information on the University of Cincinnati:
- The University of Cincinnati’s co-op program ranks among the top 5 in the nation
- The University of Cincinnati is the birthplace of cooperative education, founded in 1906
- 4000+ placements annually across 13 engineering majors
- Students working in 37 states and the District of Columbia
- Students working around the world including China, Germany, Japan, and Singapore
- Students required to complete five semesters of full-time work experience while in their degree program, potentially providing an employer up to 20 months of full-time work
The University of Cincinnati has been a loyal education partner and member of the fluid power community for some time. In recognition of their efforts to promote fluid power education, they will be named NFPA’s second Power Partner University.
The University of Cincinnati has met all of the criteria for the program, including:
- Participating in the Speaker’s Bureau program
- Participating in the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge
- Having a Fluid Power Club
- Teaching the nine core fluid power competencies
- Hosting a “Meet the Students” industry connection event
If your company would like to participate on a panel or take part in the event as an attendee, please RSVP by March 12 to Amy Zignego at email@example.com or (414) 778-3376.
If you are an industry member or educator interested in participating in a Fluid Power Action Challenge Competition, consider using NFPA’s Find a Challenge webpage. Users can use the Find a Challenge webpage to find Fluid Power Action Challenge events in their community by filtering events by state, date, or organization name.
Fluid Power Forum is the podcast that features interesting and innovative applications of fluid power (hydraulics and pneumatics), and it’s coming to PACK EXPO International with the latest advanced pneumatic solutions for packaging machines. Pneumatics, a reliable and cost-effective technology for many core actuated functions on these machines, is becoming even more indispensable through its…
September 1, 2022 | 8:00am– 12:30pm (Central)Virtual Delivery Plan your networking in advanced with the list of current attendees for the September NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference. The upcoming conference will take place September 1, 2022 and will be held jointly with the Association for Equipment Manufactures. The conference focus is on increasing efficiency and reducing emissions…