Programs like the Power Partner University Program are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
Fluid Power Careers Information Session
March 24, 2021 | 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM CST
On March 24, the University of Cincinnati will host a Fluid Power Careers Information Session where students will hear from industry members about their companies, career opportunities and more.
We are currently seeking industry representatives to serve as panelists for the break-out sessions. NFPA will group similar representatives in break-out sessions which students will choose upon registration. Break-out session topics could be focused on a specific type of fluid power technology and its use at your company, internships and co-op programs, etc. We will finalize these topics after reviewing who the interested panelists are.
The goal of the event is to spark interest in fluid power careers and your company among University of Cincinnati students of all grade-levels. For companies that regularly attend the University of Cincinnati’s career fairs, this is a great opportunity to create awareness for students who will be looking to lock in their co-op program placement or first career before graduating.
Here is some background information on the University of Cincinnati:
- The University of Cincinnati’s co-op program ranks among the top 5 in the nation
- The University of Cincinnati is the birthplace of cooperative education, founded in 1906
- 4000+ placements annually across 13 engineering majors
- Students working in 37 states and the District of Columbia
- Students working around the world including China, Germany, Japan, and Singapore
- Students required to complete five semesters of full-time work experience while in their degree program, potentially providing an employer up to 20 months of full-time work
The University of Cincinnati has been a loyal education partner and member of the fluid power community for some time. In recognition of their efforts to promote fluid power education, they will be named NFPA’s second Power Partner University.
The University of Cincinnati has met all of the criteria for the program, including:
- Participating in the Speaker’s Bureau program
- Participating in the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge
- Having a Fluid Power Club
- Teaching the nine core fluid power competencies
- Hosting a “Meet the Students” industry connection event
If your company would like to participate on a panel or take part in the event as an attendee, please RSVP by March 12 to Amy Zignego at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 778-3376.
As many of you may know, the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) is the leading source of hydraulic and pneumatic industry data. Members get and use our data in a variety of ways to run their businesses. Part of our market information services is providing overall industry trends. Here is the latest update: Hydraulic and…
Episode 45 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Tim Kerrigan of MSOE’s Fluid Power Institute (FPI). Listen below to hear how the FPI is preparing its student staff members for the fluid power workforce. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and unique applications that are moving…
Did you know the fluid power industry employs over 66,000 people in the U.S.? If that figure includes you, there may be more industry information that you should have access to. One way to source data on the fluid power industry is to download NFPA’s Annual Report on the U.S. Fluid Power Industry. By downloading this free…