Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual December NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s growing audience. The event featured three industry speakers who used their knowledge and expertise to discuss advanced technologies for eco-friendly fluid power systems. The event was hosted via Remo, a virtual conference room simulator that allows for personal networking opportunities. The program included the following presentations:
- “Sustainability & Manufacturing – Schroeder Industries’ 2030 Initiatives & Products” | Chris Bortnik; V.P. Engineering; Schroeder Industries, LLC
- “4 Techniques to Achieve Eco-Friendly Fluid Power System Design for Industrial Machinery” | Neal Gigliotti; Application Engineering Manager; Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- “Electronification of Mobile Equipment – Impact and Opportunities on the Fluid Power Industry” | Marty Christianson; Market Manager E-Mobility/AE Cooling Systems; HYDAC Corp.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- March 3, 2022 | Topic: “Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for FP Components and Systems” — Detroit, MI/Virtual
- June 2, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
- September 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
- December 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Also, be sure to check out the 2022 Annual Conference, taking place February 22-24, 2022 in Phoenix, Arizona. Get a quick video overview here.
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Megan Tian of Lake Oswego, OR is the winner of the 2023 NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship program received strong applications from students across the country who used pneumatics in robotics competitions. The NFPA member judges who interviewed Megan were impressed by her understanding of pneumatics, leadership skills, and involvement in her community. Megan will…
The academic year is underway, and we have been reconnecting with our education partners in our Power Partner and Fast Track programs about the best opportunities to recruit students pursing fluid power education tracks and careers in the industry. With our Power Partners, we are hosting a series of industry connection events and inviting underclassmen,…
NFPA member companies span the spectrum of the fluid power industry. This series features the short company profile of an NFPA member as a way to highlight the diversity and strength of our industry. Today’s company is: Scott Industrial Systems, Inc. Scott Industrial Systems is a full line fluid power distributor with headquarters in Dayton, OH.…