One of the most critical skills in business is an employee’s ability to negotiate. Though the skill is essential, negotiation is also challenging to master. Luckily, next week’s Negotiation Workshop with Red Bear Negotiation offers the tools and tactics your business needs to navigate a successful negotiation while avoiding common missteps, such as:
- “Caving in” too quickly to customer price pressure or demands
- Giving concessions without getting enough, or anything, in return
- Finding it difficult to say “no” in a professional way, even to unreasonable demands
- Making costly, inaccurate assumptions about the needs and motivations of the other party
- Letting the customer shift the discussion too easily to price and away from value
- Having difficulty knowing when to walk away from “bad business”
- Failing to spend enough time preparing
The session will also teach attendees valuable skills such as the six negotiation principles, boundary testing and negotiation planning. Content will be highly interactive and revolve around a simulation in which participants work together in developing and practicing a negotiation. View the workshop agenda here.
Claim your spot in this half-day workshop at a low fee of $100 today!
[button link=”https://www.cvent.com/d/07qk0f” target=”blank” style=”primary”]Register for the Workshop[/button]
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…