Presented through a combined effort of NFPA, the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering and the Association of Manufacturing Technology (AMT), the hybrid March NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s growing audience. The event featured three industry speakers who used their knowledge and expertise to discuss advanced technologies for eco-friendly fluid power systems. The event was hosted via Remo, a virtual conference room simulator that allows for personal networking opportunities, as well as in person in Troy, MI. The program included the following presentations:
- “Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) for Improving Materials Performance, Light Weighting and Increased Power Density in the Fluid Power Industry“ | Jeff Grabowski; Manager of Business Development – QuesTek Innovations, LLC.
- “Manufacturing Automation: When and How to Introduce Automation into Your Shop” | John Tuohy; National Accounts Manager-Machine Tool, Authorized Systems Integrator Network – FANUC America
- “Increasing Production Speeds While Maintaining Quality” | Chris Davala; Principal Engineer – Okuma America Corp.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- June 2, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN – Advanced Pneumatic Solutions for Packaging Machines
- September 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
- December 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Mark Your Calendar: Join Us on November 15 for an Economic Update with ITR Economics – Register Today!
Registration is now open for the November 15th Economic Update Event featuring Patrick Luce of ITR Economics. The event will take place virtually. In addition to macroeconomic trends and updates, Patrick will speak on important end use markets for fluid power and updated hydraulic and pneumatic forecasts. Check out the latest fluid power forecast report…
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces quarterly forecast reports for over 60 countries and 10+ industries. These reports highlight forecast drivers and constraints with…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…