Presented through a combined effort of NFPA, the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering and the Association of Manufacturing Technology (AMT), the hybrid March NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s growing audience. The event featured three industry speakers who used their knowledge and expertise to discuss advanced technologies for eco-friendly fluid power systems. The event was hosted via Remo, a virtual conference room simulator that allows for personal networking opportunities, as well as in person in Troy, MI. The program included the following presentations:
- “Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) for Improving Materials Performance, Light Weighting and Increased Power Density in the Fluid Power Industry“ | Jeff Grabowski; Manager of Business Development – QuesTek Innovations, LLC.
- “Manufacturing Automation: When and How to Introduce Automation into Your Shop” | John Tuohy; National Accounts Manager-Machine Tool, Authorized Systems Integrator Network – FANUC America
- “Increasing Production Speeds While Maintaining Quality” | Chris Davala; Principal Engineer – Okuma America Corp.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- June 2, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN – Advanced Pneumatic Solutions for Packaging Machines
- September 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
- December 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Meet the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Teams – Part 3
Article By: Mary Pluta Programs like the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation, Pascal Society, and Tom Wanke Legacy Fund donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. Twenty-three teams from universities around the country are getting ready to participate in…
Groundbreaking Attendance Records at IFPE and CONEXPO-CON/Agg 2023
As the largest trade show in North America, it is no surprise that IFPE & CONEXPO-CON/Agg continued to grow in exhibitors and attendees. This year’s show reached a new high, attracting over 139,000 attendees from around the world. IFPE 2023 showcased the fluid power industry and featured many new innovative and cutting-edge fluid power technologies as…
Catching Up With NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winners; 2022 Winner Seeking Fluid Power Internship
By: Haley Nemeth The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six scholarships to students through the Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship awards $30,000 ($7,500 per year for four years) to high school seniors who participate in a VEX, FIRST®, or NRL Robotics Competition Team and uses pneumatics in the competition robot. The goal of…