Presented through a combined effort of NFPA, the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering and the Association of Manufacturing Technology (AMT), the hybrid March NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s growing audience. The event featured three industry speakers who used their knowledge and expertise to discuss advanced technologies for eco-friendly fluid power systems. The event was hosted via Remo, a virtual conference room simulator that allows for personal networking opportunities, as well as in person in Troy, MI. The program included the following presentations:
- “Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) for Improving Materials Performance, Light Weighting and Increased Power Density in the Fluid Power Industry“ | Jeff Grabowski; Manager of Business Development – QuesTek Innovations, LLC.
- “Manufacturing Automation: When and How to Introduce Automation into Your Shop” | John Tuohy; National Accounts Manager-Machine Tool, Authorized Systems Integrator Network – FANUC America
- “Increasing Production Speeds While Maintaining Quality” | Chris Davala; Principal Engineer – Okuma America Corp.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- June 2, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN – Advanced Pneumatic Solutions for Packaging Machines
- September 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
- December 1, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
2023 NFPA Annual ConferenceFebruary 14-16, 2023Ojai, CARegistration Now Open The 2023 Annual Conference offers a wide-variety of expert speakers that relate to both industry professionals and their spouse/guest. This year we have some exciting new faces like Lifetime Channels’ communication and relatability expert, Rachel DeAlto, who’s media reel can be viewed on her website. However,…
NFPA’s Customer Market File and Trends in Capacity Utilization reports have been combined to create Econ and Market Indicators (EMI). This report contains public data in the forms of shipments, orders, industrial production, capacity utilization, and producer price indexes for a variety of popular fluid power customer markets. The EMI can be downloaded as an…
NFPA’s Power Partner Program showcases universities that provide a high level of fluid power education as well as those who participate in each of our Fluid Power Programs. Our Power Partner universities prepare their students to graduate with the necessary skills and experience ready to join the fluid power industry. To officially welcome Murray State…