Speaker & Presentation Information
General Session Speakers
The IEOC general session speakers address today’s leading economic and technical issues with reviews, advice and outlooks to help assess your business environment. Slightly broader in nature, these topic area’s will feature opinions and solution scenario’s that you find extremely useful for the future of your business.
Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
Beaulieu, an IEOC standout, will explore the future of the U.S. economy using a variety of macro-level and industry-level perspectives, with an addition focus on key global economies effect on the U.S. marketplace. Speaking points will include:
- Economic impact of COVID-19
- Macroeconomic effects on the U.S. marketplace and fluid power industry
- Macroeconomic effects on management objectives
- Macroeconomic effects on the global marketplace
Connor Lokar, ITR Economics
Lokar will draw upon his insightful economic perspectives and vast ITR Economics resources to discuss everything that influences the fluid power industry, including:
- Commodities and supply chain vulnerabilities
- Key end use markets
- Related leading indicators
- Detailed fluid power industry outlooks
Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants, Inc.
A long-standing EOC favorite, Lustgarten will offer a general overview and detailed forecasts for the fluid power industry’s key end use markets, including:
- Energy markets
- Motor vehicles
- Process machinery
- Construction machinery
- Agricultural machinery
- and many more.
David Nour, The Nour Group, Inc.
A senior leadership/board advisor, researcher, podcast host, executive educator, and best-selling author, David Nour is internationally recognized as the leading expert on applications of strategic relationships in profitable growth, sustained innovation, and lasting change. Nour will explore networking/relationship building in a virtual world.
- Steps to more effectively engage your digital relationships to drive net-new opportunities
- Best-Practices in Creating New Products/Services through your most valuable business relationships
- Ideas to Turn Market Challenges into Opportunities in 2021
Michael Reid, Oxford Economics
Reid will use his extensive experience in international business and global market research to discuss a variety of international economic trends currently effecting the global marketplace and how that will impact our future economy, which will include:
- Global economy in a post-pandemic recovery
- Global industrial production economics
- Global fluid power industry outlook
- U.S. fluid power regional demand update
John Manzella, Manzella Report
John Manzella is a world-recognized speaker, author of several books, and a nationally syndicated columnist on global business, trade policy, labor, and the latest economic trends. His views have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Bloomberg, NPR, and many other publications in the United States and across the globe. John also is founder of both the ManzellaReport.com, a premier source for global business and economic analysis, and Manzella Trade Communications, Inc., a public affairs, publishing and consulting firm. Additionally, he is chair of the Upstate New York District Export Council, a position appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
Mobile/Industrial Breakout Session Speakers
Breakout session speakers include top industry experts exploring industry specific topics related to market analysis, trends and outlooks for mobile-related and industrial-related markets. Crucial information and data for your strategic planning needs.
Eric Starks, FTR Transportation Intelligence
Having spent his entire career in the truck sector, Starks will draw upon his years of experience to discuss the current and future economic and technological trends in the heavy & light truck market. Starks will examine:
- Macroeconomic effects on trucking market
- Macroeconomic effects on freight market
- Market update and outlook on Class 8 trucks
- Market update and outlook on Medium-duty trucks
Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants, Inc.
Having provided a general overview and forecast for the fluid power industry’s key end use markets earlier in the program, Lustgarten will take a deep dive into the drivers and outlook surrounding our industry’s second largest end use market, agricultural machinery, and will include:
- Crop outlook
- Farm investment and income
- U.S. Farm equipment demand
- Tractor and combine sales and outlook
- Global crop and equipment demand
Tom Runiewicz, IHS Markit
Runiewicz will use his many years of market analyst experience, and IHS Markit’s data resources, to examine how current and predicted economic conditions will affect the future of the fluid power industry’s many industrial end use markets. Market coverage will include:
- Material handling equipment
- Industrial machinery
- Engine, transmission & power equipment
- Oil and gas field machinery
- Aerospace equipment
- Gear market
Donna Ritson, DDR Communications LLC
Ritson will rely on her extensive technology research experience in key markets for pneumatics to discuss her latest findings on Cybersecurity & IOT Technology initiatives will affect end use machinery decisions, including insights for pneumatics.
Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT)
As AMT’s Vice President of Strategic Analytics, McGibbon will examine the metalworking/machine tool market’s current standing in the U.S. economy, as well as discuss his outlook for this popular fluid power end user. Discussion topics will include:
- Short and long-term challenges for the machine tool market
- Machine tool order, production, and consumption outlook
- Machine tool end-use market conditions and outlook
- Top indicators of the machine tool market