Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the recent NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference held at Lawrence Technological University drew an audience of over 60 attendees and featured industry speakers on the advanced sensor technologies for fluid power systems.
The Detroit program included presentations from:
- The End of Reactive Maintenance: Today’s Predictive Solutions for a Proactive Future | Kris Mikulan, Group Product Manager, Filter Systems, Schroeder Industries and Anthony Maiolo, Application Engineer, Schroeder Industries
- Novel Position Sensors for Closed Loop Servo-Hydraulics | Art Holzknecht, District Manager, Renishaw, Inc and Matjaz Sivec, LinAce™ Sensors Engineering Manager, Renishaw, Inc
- Autonomy: How Close is the Future? | Marcus Herrera, Sales Application Engineer – Sensors and Controls, HYDAC
- Reducing Cost of Field Operations Using HART Technology | Leslie Perez, Senior Product Manager, Barksdale, Inc and Steve Brown, Key Account Manager, Barksdale, Inc.
Presentations from the Detroit event are available to NFPA members at this link.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference will continue in 2020 at the following locations:
- June 4, 2020 Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport, Minneapolis, Minnesota – MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
- September 3, 2020 location to be determined in Milwaukee, WI
- December 3, 2020 location to be determined in Chicago, IL
Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events of 2023!
Trying to plan ahead for future travel? Use this article to lock-in these events into your calendar! Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event April 18, 2023 Virtual Delivery Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions April 12-14, 2023 | April 26-28, 2023 Norgren; Littleton, CO | Danfoss; Ames, IA Fluid Power Forum Exhibit and Member Reception at Offshore Technology…
You’re Invited: Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event
Byline: Kyla Olson, Workforce Program and Event Manager Tuesday, April 18th, NFPA will be hosting a two-part virtual event with Purdue University. We will begin with the Indiana Workforce Engagement Group meeting where you can expect an open discussion between NFPA staff, Purdue University faculty, and industry representatives from NFPA member companies. This is meant…
Power Partner University Murray State University Focuses Heavily on Automation and Controls within Industry- Fluid Power Forum Episode 96 Now Live
This episode features Jake Hildebrant, a Professor of Electromechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Murray State University. Listen to the Podcast Here As we all know, education plays a crucial role in developing the fluid power workforce. We invited Jake into our forum to welcome Murray State University as a first-year Power Partner University, while also learning…