Now more than ever, timely and accurate industry statistics and tools are needed to help members navigate uncertainty and improve decision-making potential. Start 2021 with confidence with the resources highlighted below.
These programs are only the beginning of what’s available to NFPA members. Learn more about the full menu of programs here or get a summary of each in the PDF below.
Explore Industry Data by State
Interest in geographically focused industry data continues to increase among NFPA members. Updated in late 2020, the U.S. Fluid Power Regional Demand Estimates provides that data with:
- Estimated geographic distribution of fluid power products to end-use industries by state,
- Fluid power sales dollar estimates, fluid power sales percentage estimates, and number of establishments for each industry in every state,
- [New!] Hydraulic/Pneumatic Demand Weighting Worksheet that applies hydraulic/pneumatic weighting to the total estimated U.S. geographic distribution of fluid power products to end-use industries.
Prepared for NFPA by Oxford Economics, this report helps members better benchmark sales performance, determine sales targets and goals, and determine specific end-use market demand, all by state.
You Have the Ideas, We Provide the Tools!
- Benchmark company performance
- Automate time-consuming calculations
- Determine market share
- Identify leading indicators
- Create custom forecasts
NFPA continues to add new data sources, including a variety of popular leading indicators. Contact Eric Armstrong for more information or to schedule a 60-minute walkthrough webinar of this valuable tool at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 778-3372.
Other Top Resources
Look Ahead and Anticipate Change
Especially in times of uncertainty, examining the future of the U.S. fluid power industry and the end-use markets the industry serves is important, and NFPA’s Forecast Report: U.S. Customer Markets does exactly that. Produced for NFPA by ITR Economics, this quarterly report includes:
- An annual outlook for the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics, and 30 of fluid power’s most popular end-user markets.
- A quarterly outlook, with ITR phase identifiers, for the current year and next two years ahead for 30 of fluid power’s most popular end-user markets.
In addition, this report highlights several insights and indicators of interest every quarter, including:
- Current economic overview
- Economic opportunities for NFPA members
- Economic risks for NFPA members
- Management objectives for NFPA members
- Snap-shot indicators
COVID-19 has introduced a new level of economic uncertainty into the global marketplace, but NFPA’s Global Market Reports and Forecasts delivers a clear picture of our current global economy and the outlook ahead. This collection of global market reports will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to detailed by-country analysis and forecasts of popular end-use markets.
Prepared for NFPA by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy, NFPA’s Global Market Reports and Forecasts include:
- Global Fluid Power Report and Forecast
- Global Industry Forecasts
- Global Industry Briefings
- By-Country Briefings and Forecasts
- World Economic Prospects Report
- Special Reports and Webinar Recordings
Midterm Report Series
Get caught up on the latest in the association and get insights into how to make the most of 2021.
NFPA supports student organizations at universities with annual stipend funding to help students learn about fluid power while they work on educational and technical projects. Currently for the 2023-24 academic year, there are 19 universities from across the country participating: If you are looking to get involved with these Fluid Power Clubs, see below for…
Mark your calendars for the NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Design and Specification Midway Reviews, happening in December and January. This is a fantastic opportunity for industry members to get engaged and connect with students. The reviews are 45-minute webinar presentations with 10 minutes of Q&A from the judges. During this review, students will showcase…