NFPA is looking for Engineers to lend their expertise to writing the very standards you use every day!
NFPA manages the ISO Technical Committee 131 (Fluid Power Systems) which covers Hydraulic AND Pneumatic Components.
The US TAG (Technical Advisory Group) is the mirror organization that reaches consensus on the US position for these ISO Standards.
Most TAG meetings are done virtually, so it has never be an easier time to become involved!
Fill out the form below and Allison Hade will reach out to you about joining the US Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to TC 131.
Standards for fluid power products and systems fall into three basic categories:
- Communication standards define the basic terms, symbols and other communication tools used in the fluid power industry. Vocabularies, graphic symbols, and dimension codes are typical subjects for communication standards.
- Design standards establish dimensions, tolerances, or other physical characteristics of products. They ensure that fluid power products meet dimensional criteria that enable interfacing and interchangeability.
- Performance standards provide a voluntary method of rating products. Pressure rating, particle counting methods used in contamination analysis, and methods of testing for strength and volume are typical performance standards.
Why do standards matter in fluid power?
ISO standards, technical specifications, and technical reports play a key role in fluid power technology. Designing, assembling, and maintaining a hydraulic or pneumatic system often involves putting together a variety of components, often from a variety of suppliers. Without standards for dimensional interchangeability, performance measurement and communication, safety requirements, and testing and inspection methods, these processes would be much more difficult.
Why get involved in standards development?
Getting involved in this process can bring significant advantages to participating individuals and businesses alike. Advantages include:
- having early access to information that could shape the market in the future;
- giving your company a voice in the development of standards;
- helping to keep market access open.
Getting involved in standards development brings your concerns and needs to bear on the process that can effect you and your customers in the future.
If you would like to join one of the subcommittees and/or to learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Allison Hade at email@example.com.
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces a plethora of reports that are available to NFPA members. These reports include: The latest reports include updates…
Sponsorship opportunities for the upcoming Annual conference and other events have been rolled into annual packages. This format streamlines the sponsorship process and gives our members more enhanced opportunities for visibility at NFPA events. Sponsorship packages include recognition opportunities during conferences, in the NFPA News, NFPA Member’s Hub, Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge, the Fluid Power Forum…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…