NFPA is building resources for students at all grade levels to be educated in fluid power and working to connect these students to NFPA industry members for career information and jobs. Most recently, we have begun helping support fluid power clubs at universities in order for engineering students to explore fluid power in greater depth before graduation.
Through this program, students are able to:
- Learn about fluid power while working on educational and technical projects and other fun activities
- Gain knowledge that would be particularly beneficial if the club/school participates in the NFPA Vehicle Challenge
- Get access to guest speakers and mentors from the fluid power industry
- Hear about job opportunities in the industry
- Find out about grants and scholarship opportunities
- Boost leadership experience and professional development
Supported Fluid Power Clubs receive an annual stipend of $2,000 that can be used for:
- Materials for fluid power projects
- Catering for events and meetings, especially those involving NFPA industry members. (Alcohol will not be covered)
- Travel to/from fluid power industry tours
- Other costs as approved by NFPA
If you work with a university in your community, please let them know about this great opportunity! Interested clubs can learn more and apply for support here. Contact Lynn Beyer at email@example.com or (414) 778-3364 with questions.
Mark Your Calendar: Join Us on November 15 for an Economic Update with ITR Economics – Register Today!
Registration is now open for the November 15th Economic Update Event featuring Patrick Luce of ITR Economics. The event will take place virtually. In addition to macroeconomic trends and updates, Patrick will speak on important end use markets for fluid power and updated hydraulic and pneumatic forecasts. Check out the latest fluid power forecast report…
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces quarterly forecast reports for over 60 countries and 10+ industries. These reports highlight forecast drivers and constraints with…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…