2020 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
August 11-13, 2020
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM CT each day
Registration Opening Soon
NFPA’s Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is the ultimate annual event for professionals of the fluid power supply chain, and this year, it’s more accessible than ever before. Split into three virtual half-day sessions on August 11-13, the 2020 IEOC will offer members the opportunity to get exclusive economic insights without having to leave the office.
Registration for the conference will open mid-June.
As always, the event will focus on the opportunities and threats associated with the economy as they relate specifically to the fluid power industry. Industry experts will share the analyses, hard data and critical insights fluid power business leaders need to translate economic trends into competitive intelligence and successfully plan for the future. Conference content will give attendees a deeper understanding of the global economic landscape as it relates to fluid power, insights into where the fluid power industry and key customer markets are headed, as well as niche forecasts in the mobile and industrial breakout sessions. The highly anticipated event will also include a session specific to the marketing and forecasts of the American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA).
Conference highlights include:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – Michael Reed, Oxford Economics
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and its Economic Consequences – Sergio Rebelo, Kellogg School of Management
- Key Geopolitical Trends Likely to Impact Business – Sam Potolicchio, Preparing Global Leaders Forum
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agriculture Machinery Forecast – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Scott Hazelton, IHS Markit
- Metalworking/Machine Tool Market Forecast – Pat McGibbon, Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT)
- Gear Industry Marketing & Forecast – Tom Runiewicz, IHS Markit
- Packaging Equipment Sustainability – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications LLC
In addition to the engaging presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to network with key players in the industry through our comprehensive online platform and NFPA’s mobile event app. Though this year’s IEOC will look a bit different than in years past, NFPA is confident that these modifications will still provide the unique opportunities you expect to connect your company to the ideas and people that are moving the fluid power industry forward.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…