NFPA Workforce Staff recently organized a Michigan Workforce Engagement Group meeting at NFPA Fast Track Hub Macomb Community College in Warren, MI. Attendees had the opportunity to:
- Learn about Macomb’s Engineering & Advanced Technology programs
- Meet with Macomb’s fluid power faculty
- Participate in discussions about workforce needs and opportunities
- Tour Macomb’s newly renovated Skilled Trades and Advanced Technology Center
- Witness the AutoSTEAM Days event firsthand
Given the considerable concentration of fluid power companies in Suburban Detroit, AutoSTEAM Days holds significant importance for career awareness in the region. In anticipation of the 2024 AutoSTEAM Days, Macomb is strategically planning to host esteemed NFPA member companies. They seek to integrate a fluid power presence, driven by their Fast Track Hub status and the robust programmatic relationship shared between Macomb and NFPA. AutoSTEAM days is is designed to impart valuable insights to more than 1,500 students ranging from grades 6 to 12. The objective is to illuminate potential career opportunities, and contribute to students’ awareness of the fluid power industry through an engaging hands-on activity.
In the meantime, below is a list of exciting ongoing opportunities to engage with and increase your visibility to students and educators surrounding the Macomb Community College Fast Track Hub:
- Inspire and excite students about career opportunities in the fluid power industry by participating in NFPA’s Speaker’s Bureau
- Support emerging talent integrate classroom learning with practical professional experience by hiring an intern through Macomb Community College
- Engage students in your company’s day-to-day environment and available careers by hosting a facility tour for students
To get involved with the Michigan Fast Track Hub, please contact Haley Nemeth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Explore similar opportunities in other Fast Track hub regions by joining a Workforce Engagement Group for the latest updates on recruiting and engaging with emerging talent.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…