NFPA has launched its new Power Partner program, an annual recognition program designed to showcase a university that actively participates in all NFPA fluid power educational programs. With the help of NFPA members, resources for university faculty have been developed to support fluid power education growth at their institutions.
The major objective for this program is to increase the amount of fluid power being taught in university mechanical engineering degree programs and to enhance faculty to industry connections. The program will also help support, recognize and promote its educator partners to the NFPA membership.
To be considered as a Power Partner, the university must:
- Participate in the Speaker’s Bureau program
- Participate in the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge
- Have a Fluid Power Club
- Host a “Meet the Students” industry connection event
- Teach the nine core fluid power competencies
With this recognition, NFPA will:
- Promote the university’s fluid power programs and initiatives to all 330+ NFPA members through the website and featured articles within the NFPA web community
- Help connect its members to the university’s “Meet the Students” event where students learn about careers in fluid power and meet face-to-face with industry executives and HR professionals
- Provide complimentary registrations for two university faculty members to attend both the NFPA Annual Meeting and the IEOC
All of these programs come with either financial, educational or staff support from NFPA.
Please promote the Power Partner program to the universities that you work with and stay tuned for our “Meet the Students” event. It will be a great recruitment opportunity for your company. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…