By Eric Lanke, NFPA President/CEO
Most NFPA members have come to rely on the business connections that can be made within NFPA’s supply chain forum. Fluid power suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors are all well represented in the NFPA membership and, together with a growing number of OEMs, frequent participants in NFPA education and networking events. Given NFPA’s current geographic scope, almost all of these connections are U.S.-based. But, thanks to a new strategic initiative championed by our Board of Directors, your ability to leverage the NFPA membership to reach into international markets may increase in the next few years.
The Board has challenged us to bring more internationally-based distributors and suppliers into the membership, so that our largely U.S.-based members can better connect with them and potentially increase their production efforts and/or sales in their chosen international markets. Our bylaws already allow these “foreign-based” distributors and suppliers, but as of today we only have seven such members (suppliers or distributors with their primary offices located outside the continental United States). These members are:
- Canimex (distributor, based in Canada)
- Collison-Goll (supplier, a provider of precision machined parts, in Canada)
- Famic Technologies (supplier, a provider of simulation software, in Canada)
- Hydraulic Components (distributor, based in Trinidad)
- Hydrolico (distributor, based in Canada)
- Interlynx Systems (supplier, a provider of sales management software, in Puerto Rico)
- Rollon Hydraulics (supplier, a provider of valve/pump subcomponents, in India)
We sincerely thank these members for their involvement in NFPA, and would encourage your connection with any that represents products, services, or regions of interest to you.
We are also looking for your suggestions and leads for other such companies to recruit into the membership. You can help us extend our international reach by sharing your contacts in or simply your knowledge of foreign-based suppliers and distributors that may help our U.S.-based fluid power industry. Among the many benefits we can offer these companies are:
- Access to event content via the web, including Economic Update events and Quarterly Conferences
- Key economic and statistical information including a series of U.S. and Global forecasts for fluid power and key markets by ITR Economics and Oxford Economics
- Two free conference registrations that can be used at the Annual Conference and/or the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference to attend virtually or in person
Please send all suggestions to my attention at the NFPA office.
The 2024 Annual Conference is right around the corner, don’t miss out on the chance to be a Bronze Sponsor! Bronze Sponsors receive in-person recognition at the conference as well as being featured on many of our most popular webpages on nfpahub.com. Until January 12th, 2024 – all Bronze Sponsorships are half price! Please reach…
As part of an effort to bring more information about the regulatory and legal environment facing American manufacturers, NFPA is monitoring the newsfeed of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) and will be bringing important updates like this to the attention of NFPA members. For nearly three years, many manufacturers in the U.S. have been…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. The good news! Oxford has revised their forecasts for late 2023 and 2024, reducing the…