By Eric Lanke, NFPA President/CEO
Most NFPA members have come to rely on the business connections that can be made within NFPA’s supply chain forum. Fluid power suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors are all well represented in the NFPA membership and, together with a growing number of OEMs, frequent participants in NFPA education and networking events. Given NFPA’s current geographic scope, almost all of these connections are U.S.-based. But, thanks to a new strategic initiative championed by our Board of Directors, your ability to leverage the NFPA membership to reach into international markets may increase in the next few years.
The Board has challenged us to bring more internationally-based distributors and suppliers into the membership, so that our largely U.S.-based members can better connect with them and potentially increase their production efforts and/or sales in their chosen international markets. Our bylaws already allow these “foreign-based” distributors and suppliers, but as of today we only have seven such members (suppliers or distributors with their primary offices located outside the continental United States). These members are:
- Canimex (distributor, based in Canada)
- Collison-Goll (supplier, a provider of precision machined parts, in Canada)
- Famic Technologies (supplier, a provider of simulation software, in Canada)
- Hydraulic Components (distributor, based in Trinidad)
- Hydrolico (distributor, based in Canada)
- Interlynx Systems (supplier, a provider of sales management software, in Puerto Rico)
- Rollon Hydraulics (supplier, a provider of valve/pump subcomponents, in India)
We sincerely thank these members for their involvement in NFPA, and would encourage your connection with any that represents products, services, or regions of interest to you.
We are also looking for your suggestions and leads for other such companies to recruit into the membership. You can help us extend our international reach by sharing your contacts in or simply your knowledge of foreign-based suppliers and distributors that may help our U.S.-based fluid power industry. Among the many benefits we can offer these companies are:
- Access to event content via the web, including Economic Update events and Quarterly Conferences
- Key economic and statistical information including a series of U.S. and Global forecasts for fluid power and key markets by ITR Economics and Oxford Economics
- Two free conference registrations that can be used at the Annual Conference and/or the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference to attend virtually or in person
Please send all suggestions to my attention at the NFPA office.
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
New! NFPA Apparel Available for Purchase By Members
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles and colors available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at email@example.com
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…