Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to nineteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and a letter of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in technical schools and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Paton DeSha, Chattanooga State TCAT
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Dmitriy Rybalko, Hennepin Technical College
- Thomas Lahr, Hennepin Technical College
- Austin Nolley, Iowa State University
- Ben Quade, Iowa State University
- Edward Heelan, Moraine Valley Community College
- Hugo Garcia, Moraine Valley Community College
- Tatiyana Timmons, Murray State University
- Jose Solorio, Purdue University
- Nathan Linke, South Dakota State University
- Paul Schlotman, South Dakota State University
- Wyatt Morlan, Spokane Community College
- Ryan Collins, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas
- Albert Ly, Triton College
- Michael Glochowsky, Triton College
- Nicholas Zambrano, University of Southern California
- Spencer Burke, University of Texas at Austin (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
Many of these students will be seeking internships or full-time jobs, so please keep them in mind for your hiring needs.
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Matt Christensen of Poclain Hydraulics, Jody Sheaffer of Turner Hydraulics, Christian Eitel of Bucher Hydraulics, John Falcon of ROSS Controls, Karen Carroll of ROSS Controls, Kraig Kistinger of National Tube Supply and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…