Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to nineteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and a letter of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in technical schools and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Paton DeSha, Chattanooga State TCAT
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Dmitriy Rybalko, Hennepin Technical College
- Thomas Lahr, Hennepin Technical College
- Austin Nolley, Iowa State University
- Ben Quade, Iowa State University
- Edward Heelan, Moraine Valley Community College
- Hugo Garcia, Moraine Valley Community College
- Tatiyana Timmons, Murray State University
- Jose Solorio, Purdue University
- Nathan Linke, South Dakota State University
- Paul Schlotman, South Dakota State University
- Wyatt Morlan, Spokane Community College
- Ryan Collins, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas
- Albert Ly, Triton College
- Michael Glochowsky, Triton College
- Nicholas Zambrano, University of Southern California
- Spencer Burke, University of Texas at Austin (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
Many of these students will be seeking internships or full-time jobs, so please keep them in mind for your hiring needs.
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Matt Christensen of Poclain Hydraulics, Jody Sheaffer of Turner Hydraulics, Christian Eitel of Bucher Hydraulics, John Falcon of ROSS Controls, Karen Carroll of ROSS Controls, Kraig Kistinger of National Tube Supply and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
This episode features Marty Christianson, the Market Manager for E-Mobility and AE Cooling Systems at HYDAC, and we invited him into our forum to learn more about E-Mobility and the electrification of off-highway hydraulic equipment. Listen to Podcast Here This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and unique applications that are moving the industry…
Deadline to Respond is August 18, 2022 Electrification is a buzzword throughout most industries now and is a common topic being discussed at conferences, events, and board rooms. While many businesses and industries have already embraced electrification, others are still working to understand the impacts, opportunities, and decision points to make. To add further confusion,…
The National Fluid Power Association is saddened to share the news that Tom Wanke, CFPE, director of the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium and Industry Relations at Milwaukee School of Engineering, passed away June 21, 2022. “Tom’s impact on the fluid power industry will be felt for generations,” said Eric Lanke, president and CEO of the…