Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to fourteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and two letters of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in high schools, technical colleges, and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Alec Goldstrohm, Kent State University
- Alexander Cygan, Johnson County Community College
- Alexander Davis, Virginia Tech
- Andreas Wilson, Spokane Community College
- Benjamin Bersie, Hennepin Technical College
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Dane Rogers, Spokane Community College
- Elizabeth Lincoln, University of Missouri – Columbia
- Jacob Powers, Spokane Community College
- Jordyn Bracey, North Carolina AT&T University
- Jose Alejandro Solorio, Purdue University
- Luke Wille, Iowa State University
- Nathaniel Maki, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Beth Figliulo of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Cheryl Kasprzyk of Moog Inc., Peter Buca of Parker Hannifin, Liz Rehfus and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
Meet the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Teams – Part 3
Article By: Mary Pluta Programs like the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation, Pascal Society, and Tom Wanke Legacy Fund donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. Twenty-three teams from universities around the country are getting ready to participate in…
Groundbreaking Attendance Records at IFPE and CONEXPO-CON/Agg 2023
As the largest trade show in North America, it is no surprise that IFPE & CONEXPO-CON/Agg continued to grow in exhibitors and attendees. This year’s show reached a new high, attracting over 139,000 attendees from around the world. IFPE 2023 showcased the fluid power industry and featured many new innovative and cutting-edge fluid power technologies as…
Catching Up With NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winners; 2022 Winner Seeking Fluid Power Internship
By: Haley Nemeth The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six scholarships to students through the Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship awards $30,000 ($7,500 per year for four years) to high school seniors who participate in a VEX, FIRST®, or NRL Robotics Competition Team and uses pneumatics in the competition robot. The goal of…