Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to fourteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and two letters of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in high schools, technical colleges, and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Alec Goldstrohm, Kent State University
- Alexander Cygan, Johnson County Community College
- Alexander Davis, Virginia Tech
- Andreas Wilson, Spokane Community College
- Benjamin Bersie, Hennepin Technical College
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Dane Rogers, Spokane Community College
- Elizabeth Lincoln, University of Missouri – Columbia
- Jacob Powers, Spokane Community College
- Jordyn Bracey, North Carolina AT&T University
- Jose Alejandro Solorio, Purdue University
- Luke Wille, Iowa State University
- Nathaniel Maki, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Beth Figliulo of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Cheryl Kasprzyk of Moog Inc., Peter Buca of Parker Hannifin, Liz Rehfus and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
2023 NFPA Annual ConferenceFebruary 14-16, 2023Ojai, CARegistration Now Open The 2023 Annual Conference offers a wide-variety of expert speakers that relate to both industry professionals and their spouse/guest. This year we have some exciting new faces like Lifetime Channels’ communication and relatability expert, Rachel DeAlto, who’s media reel can be viewed on her website. However,…
NFPA’s Customer Market File and Trends in Capacity Utilization reports have been combined to create Econ and Market Indicators (EMI). This report contains public data in the forms of shipments, orders, industrial production, capacity utilization, and producer price indexes for a variety of popular fluid power customer markets. The EMI can be downloaded as an…
NFPA’s Power Partner Program showcases universities that provide a high level of fluid power education as well as those who participate in each of our Fluid Power Programs. Our Power Partner universities prepare their students to graduate with the necessary skills and experience ready to join the fluid power industry. To officially welcome Murray State…