Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to fifteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and a letter of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in technical schools and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Ashleigh Creeger, Spokane Community College
- Ben Quade, Iowa State University (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Dana Nestrick, Triton College
- Elizabeth Lincoln, University Of Missouri – Columbia
- Evan Bartelsen, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Joleen Nush, Spokane Community College (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
- Luke Wille, Iowa State University
- Max Kolesnikov, Moraine Valley Community College
- Michael Glochowsky, Triton College
- Natalie Pecaro, Triton College
- Reagan Lawson, California Polytechnic State University
- Sawyer Newman, Purdue University Northwest
- Seth Leighton, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas
Many of these students will be seeking internships or full-time jobs, so please keep them in mind for your hiring needs.
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Beth Figliulo of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Peter Buca of Parker Hannifin, and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…