Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to fifteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and a letter of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in technical schools and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Ashleigh Creeger, Spokane Community College
- Ben Quade, Iowa State University (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Dana Nestrick, Triton College
- Elizabeth Lincoln, University Of Missouri – Columbia
- Evan Bartelsen, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Joleen Nush, Spokane Community College (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
- Luke Wille, Iowa State University
- Max Kolesnikov, Moraine Valley Community College
- Michael Glochowsky, Triton College
- Natalie Pecaro, Triton College
- Reagan Lawson, California Polytechnic State University
- Sawyer Newman, Purdue University Northwest
- Seth Leighton, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas
Many of these students will be seeking internships or full-time jobs, so please keep them in mind for your hiring needs.
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Beth Figliulo of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Peter Buca of Parker Hannifin, and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
Fluid Power Forum is the podcast that features interesting and innovative applications of fluid power (hydraulics and pneumatics), and it’s coming to PACK EXPO International with the latest advanced pneumatic solutions for packaging machines. Pneumatics, a reliable and cost-effective technology for many core actuated functions on these machines, is becoming even more indispensable through its…
September 1, 2022 | 8:00am– 12:30pm (Central)Virtual Delivery Plan your networking in advanced with the list of current attendees for the September NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference. The upcoming conference will take place September 1, 2022 and will be held jointly with the Association for Equipment Manufactures. The conference focus is on increasing efficiency and reducing emissions…
A critical pillar of the NFPA’s mission is to develop an educated fluid power workforce and connect students to careers in the industry. In support of this mission, we are launching four state-specific Workforce Engagement Groups – one each in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Indiana. The purpose of these groups is to bring your company…