Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to fifteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, 500-word essay, and a letter of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in technical schools and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Ashleigh Creeger, Spokane Community College
- Ben Quade, Iowa State University (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Brendan McCluskey, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Dana Nestrick, Triton College
- Elizabeth Lincoln, University Of Missouri – Columbia
- Evan Bartelsen, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Joleen Nush, Spokane Community College (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
- Luke Wille, Iowa State University
- Max Kolesnikov, Moraine Valley Community College
- Michael Glochowsky, Triton College
- Natalie Pecaro, Triton College
- Reagan Lawson, California Polytechnic State University
- Sawyer Newman, Purdue University Northwest
- Seth Leighton, Spokane Community College
- Zoe Kulphongpatana, University of Kansas
Many of these students will be seeking internships or full-time jobs, so please keep them in mind for your hiring needs.
We want to thank the NFPA Scholarship Review Committee: Beth Figliulo of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Bill Haley of FORCE America, Bob Hammond of Deltrol Fluid Products, Peter Buca of Parker Hannifin, and Tom Blansett of the International Fluid Power Society.
If you would like to be a judge for next year’s NFPA Scholarship applications, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
2021 Industry & Economic Outlook ConferenceAugust 16-18, 2021Registration Open The 2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is quickly approaching and is set to not only deliver hard data and expert analysis for everyone in the fluid power supply chain, but also offer attendees the tools and connections they need to plan for their organization’s…
Economic reports from NFPA continue to be a valuable resource for preparing our members for what’s next in the fluid power industry. This month, there are several updated reports available that are packed with the details you need to make informed business decisions: Global Economic Reports and Forecasts (including Global Industry Forecasts and By-Country Briefings/Forecasts)…
Episode 52 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Jeremy King of Norgren. Listen below to hear about advancements in pneumatic sensor technology and the various industrial systems they improve. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and unique applications that are moving the industry forward. New episodes…