Programs like the Power Partner University Program are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
On September 11, NFPA and Purdue University hosted a virtual Meet the Students/Industry Connection Event. Students enrolled in Purdue University’s Mechanical Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering degree programs were invited to participate to learn about the fluid power supply chain and career opportunities presented by NFPA member companies. Ten NFPA member companies participated as industry panelists to discuss what their companies do, specific fluid power technologies, and opportunities for internships and jobs.
The event also included presentations regarding the industry as a whole, Purdue University’s involvement in fluid power, and tours of their facilities:
- NFPA’s President/CEO Eric Lanke gave a presentation on the state of the U.S. Fluid Power Industry to give students a better understanding of the diverse use and impact of fluid power technologies.
- Dr. Jose Garcia-Bravo, Assistant Professor of the School of Engineering Technology, provided an overview of Purdue University’s research in fluid power and involvement with NFPA.
- Dr. Andrea Vacca, Professor of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering and the School of Mechanical Engineering, was featured in a video touring Purdue University’s state-of-the-art Maha Fluid Power Research Center, the largest academic laboratory in the United States entirely dedicated to research in fluid power.
- Dr. Lizhi Shang, Assistant Professor of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering and the School of Mechanical Engineering, gave a live tour of Purdue’s testing rigs.
Thank you to each company that participated:
- Employee Owned Holdings, Inc.
- National Tube Supply
- Parker Hannifin
- Proportion Air
- Sun Hydraulics
- Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Purdue University has been a loyal education partner and member of the fluid power community for some time. In recognition of Purdue’s efforts to promote fluid power education, it has been named NFPA’s first Power Partner University.
Purdue has met all the criteria for the Power Partner program, including:
- Hosting a Meet the Students/Industry Connection Event
- Participating in the Speaker’s Bureau program
- Participating in the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge
- Having a Fluid Power Club
- Teaching the nine core fluid power competencies
NFPA will work with other University Partners to coordinate future Meet the Student/Industry Connection events. If you are interested in participating as a panelist in the future, please reach out to Amy Zignego at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like this post? Share it!
Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events of 2023!
Trying to plan ahead for future travel? Use this article to lock-in these events into your calendar! Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event April 18, 2023 Virtual Delivery Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions April 12-14, 2023 | April 26-28, 2023 Norgren; Littleton, CO | Danfoss; Ames, IA Fluid Power Forum Exhibit and Member Reception at Offshore Technology…
You’re Invited: Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event
Byline: Kyla Olson, Workforce Program and Event Manager Tuesday, April 18th, NFPA will be hosting a two-part virtual event with Purdue University. We will begin with the Indiana Workforce Engagement Group meeting where you can expect an open discussion between NFPA staff, Purdue University faculty, and industry representatives from NFPA member companies. This is meant…
Power Partner University Murray State University Focuses Heavily on Automation and Controls within Industry- Fluid Power Forum Episode 96 Now Live
This episode features Jake Hildebrant, a Professor of Electromechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Murray State University. Listen to the Podcast Here As we all know, education plays a crucial role in developing the fluid power workforce. We invited Jake into our forum to welcome Murray State University as a first-year Power Partner University, while also learning…