Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual June NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s largest audience so far this year. The event featured three industry speakers who used their first-hand expertise to discuss advanced software and smart tools for fluid power component and system design, simulation and optimization. The event was hosted via Remo, a highly effective virtual platform that simulated a traditional in-person networking experience for attendees.
The program included the following presentations:
- Smart Methods to Solve Complex Hydraulic System Predictions” – Dave Persson, Owner/President, Hydrasoft Corp.
- “Simulation of Fluid-Structure Interaction in Pipes and Valves” – Dr. Siva Sashank Tholeti, Senior Application Engineer, COMSOL, Inc.
- Integrated Design Technology with Data Management Strategy for Fluid Power Components” – Ing T. Hong, Ph.D., P.E., President, BarDyne, Inc.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- September 2, 2021 | “Advanced Software Solutions for Machine Control” — Virtual
- December 2, 2021 | “Advanced Technologies for Eco-Friendly Fluid Power Systems” — Virtual
- March 3, 2022 | Tentative Topic: “Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for FP Components and Systems” — Location TBD
- June 2, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Megan Tian of Lake Oswego, OR is the winner of the 2023 NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship program received strong applications from students across the country who used pneumatics in robotics competitions. The NFPA member judges who interviewed Megan were impressed by her understanding of pneumatics, leadership skills, and involvement in her community. Megan will…
The academic year is underway, and we have been reconnecting with our education partners in our Power Partner and Fast Track programs about the best opportunities to recruit students pursing fluid power education tracks and careers in the industry. With our Power Partners, we are hosting a series of industry connection events and inviting underclassmen,…
NFPA member companies span the spectrum of the fluid power industry. This series features the short company profile of an NFPA member as a way to highlight the diversity and strength of our industry. Today’s company is: Scott Industrial Systems, Inc. Scott Industrial Systems is a full line fluid power distributor with headquarters in Dayton, OH.…