Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual June NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s largest audience so far this year. The event featured three industry speakers who used their first-hand expertise to discuss advanced software and smart tools for fluid power component and system design, simulation and optimization. The event was hosted via Remo, a highly effective virtual platform that simulated a traditional in-person networking experience for attendees.
The program included the following presentations:
- Smart Methods to Solve Complex Hydraulic System Predictions” – Dave Persson, Owner/President, Hydrasoft Corp.
- “Simulation of Fluid-Structure Interaction in Pipes and Valves” – Dr. Siva Sashank Tholeti, Senior Application Engineer, COMSOL, Inc.
- Integrated Design Technology with Data Management Strategy for Fluid Power Components” – Ing T. Hong, Ph.D., P.E., President, BarDyne, Inc.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- September 2, 2021 | “Advanced Software Solutions for Machine Control” — Virtual
- December 2, 2021 | “Advanced Technologies for Eco-Friendly Fluid Power Systems” — Virtual
- March 3, 2022 | Tentative Topic: “Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for FP Components and Systems” — Location TBD
- June 2, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Make new connections and reconnect with old ones at an upcoming NFPA event. As part of our mission to strengthen the fluid power industry, we aim to help NFPA members from across the supply chain connect with each other, OEMs and related technology partners. We’ve scheduled a number of upcoming events in the coming year…
Programs like the NFPA Speaker’s Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. NFPA’s workforce programs aim to increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power…
Mary Pluta joined NFPA on September 7 as the new Workforce Program Manager. She holds a Master of Public Administration degree from UW-Milwaukee and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ripon College. Mary joins NFPA following a career working for a Wisconsin state legislator. In addition to her public policy background, Mary serves as a…