Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual June NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference provided an engaging program to the conference’s largest audience so far this year. The event featured three industry speakers who used their first-hand expertise to discuss advanced software and smart tools for fluid power component and system design, simulation and optimization. The event was hosted via Remo, a highly effective virtual platform that simulated a traditional in-person networking experience for attendees.
The program included the following presentations:
- Smart Methods to Solve Complex Hydraulic System Predictions” – Dave Persson, Owner/President, Hydrasoft Corp.
- “Simulation of Fluid-Structure Interaction in Pipes and Valves” – Dr. Siva Sashank Tholeti, Senior Application Engineer, COMSOL, Inc.
- Integrated Design Technology with Data Management Strategy for Fluid Power Components” – Ing T. Hong, Ph.D., P.E., President, BarDyne, Inc.
Video recordings from the virtual event are now available to view.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conferences will continue during the following dates:
- September 2, 2021 | “Advanced Software Solutions for Machine Control” — Virtual
- December 2, 2021 | “Advanced Technologies for Eco-Friendly Fluid Power Systems” — Virtual
- March 3, 2022 | Tentative Topic: “Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for FP Components and Systems” — Location TBD
- June 2, 2022 | Location & Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password are needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events of 2023!
Trying to plan ahead for future travel? Use this article to lock-in these events into your calendar! Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event April 18, 2023 Virtual Delivery Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions April 12-14, 2023 | April 26-28, 2023 Norgren; Littleton, CO | Danfoss; Ames, IA Fluid Power Forum Exhibit and Member Reception at Offshore Technology…
You’re Invited: Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event
Byline: Kyla Olson, Workforce Program and Event Manager Tuesday, April 18th, NFPA will be hosting a two-part virtual event with Purdue University. We will begin with the Indiana Workforce Engagement Group meeting where you can expect an open discussion between NFPA staff, Purdue University faculty, and industry representatives from NFPA member companies. This is meant…
Power Partner University Murray State University Focuses Heavily on Automation and Controls within Industry- Fluid Power Forum Episode 96 Now Live
This episode features Jake Hildebrant, a Professor of Electromechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Murray State University. Listen to the Podcast Here As we all know, education plays a crucial role in developing the fluid power workforce. We invited Jake into our forum to welcome Murray State University as a first-year Power Partner University, while also learning…