U.S. engineers joined their global counterparts in May/June to continue the ISO/TC 131, Fluid power systems standards development work. Nine individual working groups met to discuss ballot results, update/revise, reaffirm, publish, or withdraw fluid power standards in pneumatic control products, hydraulic and pneumatic quick couplings, port and fitting ends, hydraulic installations and systems, and the energy efficiency of hydraulic systems.
TC 131 is responsible for 237 published standards, with 27 currently under development. Recently published standards included:
- ISO 8132:2022, Hydraulic fluid power — Mounting dimensions for accessories for single rod cylinders, 16 MPa (160 bar) medium and 25 MPa (250 bar) series
- ISO 8133:2022, Hydraulic fluid power — Mounting dimensions for accessories for single rod cylinders, 16 MPa (160 bar) compact series
- ISO 6149-1:2022, Connections for hydraulic fluid power and general use — Ports and stud ends with ISO 261 metric threads and O-ring sealing — Part 1: Ports with truncated housing for O-ring seal
- ISO 11171:2022, Hydraulic fluid power — Calibration of automatic particle counters for liquids
- ISO 16889:2022, Hydraulic fluid power – Filters – Multi-pass method for evaluating filtration performance of a filter element
The virtual setting has enabled a number of experts in the U.S. technical advisory groups to join international experts at the standards development table. NFPA thanks all the U.S. participants for their support and welcomes NFPA members to be active participants in the ISO standards community.
Individual U.S. technical advisory group and ISO working group project meetings are being scheduled in the Fall to continue to progress the standards development work.
If you would like to join one of the working groups here in the U.S., attend a meeting, and/or learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Denise Husenica at (414) 778-3354 or email email@example.com.
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
New! NFPA Apparel Available for Purchase By Members
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles and colors available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…