Programs like the NFPA Speakers Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The goal of all of our workforce programs is to help increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power industry. The NFPA Speakers Bureau program does this by directly connecting NFPA members to university professors and students.
Despite on-campus restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we saw more presentations take place this year than in previous. Participating NFPA members virtually presented to students about their academic and professional backgrounds, fluid power technologies, company culture, and the career possibilities in the industry.
The following Speakers Bureau presentations took place in 2020-21:
- Applied Industrial Technologies with Purdue University
- Bosch Rexroth with West Virginia University
- Caterpillar with University of Cincinnati
- Daman with Purdue University Northwest
- Danfoss for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Delta Computer Systems with Northern Illinois University
- Eaton Corp. with University of Cincinnati
- FORCE America with University of Alabama Birmingham
- GPM Controls with West Virginia University
- Husco with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Hydraforce with Iowa State University
- Iowa Fluid Power for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Milwaukee Cylinder with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Norgren for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Parker Hannifin with Northern Illinois University
- Parker Hannifin with Ohio University
- SMC Corp. with Milwaukee School of Engineering
Thank you to all of the industry representatives who volunteered their time and guidance. Efforts like this not only get more students aware of and excited about careers in fluid power, but it can also make recruitment easier for the companies involved.
If you’re interested in being a part of the Speakers Bureau, have university contacts you’d like to share, or would like further information, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
Make new connections and reconnect with old ones at an upcoming NFPA event. As part of our mission to strengthen the fluid power industry, we aim to help NFPA members from across the supply chain connect with each other, OEMs and related technology partners. We’ve scheduled a number of upcoming events in the coming year…
Programs like the NFPA Speaker’s Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. NFPA’s workforce programs aim to increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power…
Mary Pluta joined NFPA on September 7 as the new Workforce Program Manager. She holds a Master of Public Administration degree from UW-Milwaukee and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ripon College. Mary joins NFPA following a career working for a Wisconsin state legislator. In addition to her public policy background, Mary serves as a…