Programs like the NFPA Speakers Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The goal of all of our workforce programs is to help increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power industry. The NFPA Speakers Bureau program does this by directly connecting NFPA members to university professors and students.
Despite on-campus restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we saw more presentations take place this year than in previous. Participating NFPA members virtually presented to students about their academic and professional backgrounds, fluid power technologies, company culture, and the career possibilities in the industry.
The following Speakers Bureau presentations took place in 2020-21:
- Applied Industrial Technologies with Purdue University
- Bosch Rexroth with West Virginia University
- Caterpillar with University of Cincinnati
- Daman with Purdue University Northwest
- Danfoss for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Delta Computer Systems with Northern Illinois University
- Eaton Corp. with University of Cincinnati
- FORCE America with University of Alabama Birmingham
- GPM Controls with West Virginia University
- Husco with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Hydraforce with Iowa State University
- Iowa Fluid Power for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Milwaukee Cylinder with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Norgren for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Parker Hannifin with Northern Illinois University
- Parker Hannifin with Ohio University
- SMC Corp. with Milwaukee School of Engineering
Thank you to all of the industry representatives who volunteered their time and guidance. Efforts like this not only get more students aware of and excited about careers in fluid power, but it can also make recruitment easier for the companies involved.
If you’re interested in being a part of the Speakers Bureau, have university contacts you’d like to share, or would like further information, please contact Amy Zignego at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an industry member or educator interested in participating in a Fluid Power Action Challenge Competition, consider using NFPA’s Find a Challenge webpage. Users can use the Find a Challenge webpage to find Fluid Power Action Challenge events in their community by filtering events by state, date, or organization name.
Fluid Power Forum is the podcast that features interesting and innovative applications of fluid power (hydraulics and pneumatics), and it’s coming to PACK EXPO International with the latest advanced pneumatic solutions for packaging machines. Pneumatics, a reliable and cost-effective technology for many core actuated functions on these machines, is becoming even more indispensable through its…
September 1, 2022 | 8:00am– 12:30pm (Central)Virtual Delivery Plan your networking in advanced with the list of current attendees for the September NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference. The upcoming conference will take place September 1, 2022 and will be held jointly with the Association for Equipment Manufactures. The conference focus is on increasing efficiency and reducing emissions…