Programs like the NFPA Speakers Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The goal of all of our workforce programs is to help increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power industry. The NFPA Speakers Bureau program does this by directly connecting NFPA members to university professors and students.
Despite on-campus restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we saw more presentations take place this year than in previous. Participating NFPA members virtually presented to students about their academic and professional backgrounds, fluid power technologies, company culture, and the career possibilities in the industry.
The following Speakers Bureau presentations took place in 2020-21:
- Applied Industrial Technologies with Purdue University
- Bosch Rexroth with West Virginia University
- Caterpillar with University of Cincinnati
- Daman with Purdue University Northwest
- Danfoss for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Delta Computer Systems with Northern Illinois University
- Eaton Corp. with University of Cincinnati
- FORCE America with University of Alabama Birmingham
- GPM Controls with West Virginia University
- Husco with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Hydraforce with Iowa State University
- Iowa Fluid Power for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Milwaukee Cylinder with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Norgren for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Parker Hannifin with Northern Illinois University
- Parker Hannifin with Ohio University
- SMC Corp. with Milwaukee School of Engineering
Thank you to all of the industry representatives who volunteered their time and guidance. Efforts like this not only get more students aware of and excited about careers in fluid power, but it can also make recruitment easier for the companies involved.
If you’re interested in being a part of the Speakers Bureau, have university contacts you’d like to share, or would like further information, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC)August 16 – 18, 2021Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference CenterRegister Today Registration for the 2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is open, and the conference agenda includes a variety of networking opportunities to help you make quality connections with attendees from across the fluid power supply chain. Here…
Episode 49 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Ivan Sheffield of Des-Case and Barry Verdegan of 11171 Solutions LLC. Listen below to hear about the influence of ISO particle-counting contamination standards on the performance and longevity of hydraulic systems. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and…
INFLUENCE the global conversation in the standards development process.DISCOVER breakthroughs in fluid power technology.ENGAGE with important fluid power stakeholders and decision makers.JOIN the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to Technical Committee 131 – Fluid Power Systems As the International Standards Organization (ISO) secretariat for Technical Committee (TC 131) – Fluid power, NFPA coordinates standardization work, both internationally at the ISO…