Programs like the NFPA Speakers Bureau are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation.
The goal of all of our workforce programs is to help increase the number of students educated in fluid power and connect them to careers in the fluid power industry. The NFPA Speakers Bureau program does this by directly connecting NFPA members to university professors and students.
Despite on-campus restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we saw more presentations take place this year than in previous. Participating NFPA members virtually presented to students about their academic and professional backgrounds, fluid power technologies, company culture, and the career possibilities in the industry.
The following Speakers Bureau presentations took place in 2020-21:
- Applied Industrial Technologies with Purdue University
- Bosch Rexroth with West Virginia University
- Caterpillar with University of Cincinnati
- Daman with Purdue University Northwest
- Danfoss for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Delta Computer Systems with Northern Illinois University
- Eaton Corp. with University of Cincinnati
- FORCE America with University of Alabama Birmingham
- GPM Controls with West Virginia University
- Husco with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Hydraforce with Iowa State University
- Iowa Fluid Power for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Milwaukee Cylinder with Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Norgren for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Presentations
- Parker Hannifin with Northern Illinois University
- Parker Hannifin with Ohio University
- SMC Corp. with Milwaukee School of Engineering
Thank you to all of the industry representatives who volunteered their time and guidance. Efforts like this not only get more students aware of and excited about careers in fluid power, but it can also make recruitment easier for the companies involved.
If you’re interested in being a part of the Speakers Bureau, have university contacts you’d like to share, or would like further information, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…