Through the activities of the NFPA Foundation, industry members have countless opportunities to work directly with students of all age groups, provide support for fluid power workforce development programs, and take advantage of industry partnerships.
Support the Future Workforce
By combining the financial and volunteer contributions of many individuals into one concerted effort, the Pascal Society is a driving force behind developing the resources, tools and people needed to tackle our difficult workforce development challenge. Pascal Society donors not only help support fluid power education efforts, they also receive exclusive benefits, such as access to talented students, extra visibility for job and company listings, and more.
Work Directly with Students
Inspire and engage students of all ages in fluid power education. Make connections with students who are ready to enter the workforce, or help set younger students on a path that will lead them to fluid power jobs in the future.
- Fluid Power Action Challenge – help get middle school and high school students interested in fluid power through this design and build competition. Host your own, help students with a classroom activity or volunteer to judge an event happening in your area.
- Fast Track Program – Industry partners provide on-going curriculum guidance, mentorship, and create relationships with local middle school, high school and techincal colleges to develop a clear career pathway into the fluid power industry, and enhance student recruitment opportunities for your company.
- Workforce Engagement Groups – Serve on regional Workforce Engagement Groups to collaborate and share ideas for networking and recruiting opportunities at Fast Track Hubs and Power Partner universities.
- Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge – Become a mentor or judge and work side-by-side with promising engineering university students on their project. Members have exclusive opportunities to build relationships with students and university faculty.
- NFPA Speaker’s Bureau – Members can be matched with high school, technical college and university engineering classes looking for guest industry speakers. NFPA provides a draft presentation template to help.
- Power Partner Universities – Participate in industry connection events. These are targeted, fluid power exclusive events that are excellent opportunities for company visibility, mentorship, and sponsorship, with the end goal being to recruit students into the fluid power industry.
- Review Scholarship Applications – help review applications for our various scholarship programs. The time commitment is small, typically a few hours total, and includes reviewing written applications and helping interview top candidates.
Mark Your Calendar: Join Us on November 15 for an Economic Update with ITR Economics – Register Today!
Registration is now open for the November 15th Economic Update Event featuring Patrick Luce of ITR Economics. The event will take place virtually. In addition to macroeconomic trends and updates, Patrick will speak on important end use markets for fluid power and updated hydraulic and pneumatic forecasts. Check out the latest fluid power forecast report…
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces quarterly forecast reports for over 60 countries and 10+ industries. These reports highlight forecast drivers and constraints with…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…