Through the activities of the NFPA Foundation, industry members have countless opportunities to work directly with students of all age groups, provide support for fluid power workforce development programs, and take advantage of industry partnerships.
Support the Future Workforce
By combining the financial and volunteer contributions of many individuals into one concerted effort, the Pascal Society is a driving force behind developing the resources, tools and people needed to tackle our difficult workforce development challenge. Pascal Society donors not only help support fluid power education efforts, they also receive exclusive benefits, such as access to talented students, extra visibility for job and company listings, and more.
Work Directly with Students
Inspire and engage students of all ages in fluid power education. Make connections with students who are ready to enter the workforce, or help set younger students on a path that will lead them to fluid power jobs in the future.
- Fluid Power Action Challenge – help get middle school and high school students interested in fluid power through this design and build competition. Host your own, help students with a classroom activity or volunteer to judge an event happening in your area.
- Fast Track Program – Industry partners provide on-going curriculum guidance, mentorship, and create relationships with local middle school, high school and techincal colleges to develop a clear career pathway into the fluid power industry, and enhance student recruitment opportunities for your company.
- Workforce Engagement Groups – Serve on regional Workforce Engagement Groups to collaborate and share ideas for networking and recruiting opportunities at Fast Track Hubs and Power Partner universities.
- Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge – Become a mentor or judge and work side-by-side with promising engineering university students on their project. Members have exclusive opportunities to build relationships with students and university faculty.
- NFPA Speaker’s Bureau – Members can be matched with high school, technical college and university engineering classes looking for guest industry speakers. NFPA provides a draft presentation template to help.
- Power Partner Universities – Participate in industry connection events. These are targeted, fluid power exclusive events that are excellent opportunities for company visibility, mentorship, and sponsorship, with the end goal being to recruit students into the fluid power industry.
- Review Scholarship Applications – help review applications for our various scholarship programs. The time commitment is small, typically a few hours total, and includes reviewing written applications and helping interview top candidates.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…