ISO and Technical Advisory Group committee meetings continue to be held virtually this year. The TC 131 spring meetings wrapped up with 10 working groups (representing over 100 fluid power engineers from Italy, Sweden, France, Germany, Turkey, United Kingdom, Japan, Sweden, China, Portugal, and the United States) coming together to further the advancement of ISO standards projects focusing on terms and symbols, product testing, hydraulic installations and systems, sealing devices, treatment of air, and pneumatic component reliability.
To date, 105 ISO Standards projects have been balloted to publish, reaffirm, update/revise, or withdraw in 2020-21.
Recently Published Standards
- ISO 19879, Metallic tube connections for fluid power and general use — Test methods for hydraulic fluid power connections
- ISO/TR 4808, Hydraulic fluid power – Interpolation method for particle count and filter test data
- ISO 4406, Hydraulic fluid power — Fluids — Method for coding the level of contamination by solid particles
- ISO 4813, Hydraulic fluid power — Background, impact and use of ISO 11171:2020 on particle count and filter test data
- ISO 7425-1, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 1: Piston seal housings
- ISO 7425-2, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 2: Rod seal housings
The virtual setting has enabled a number of new faces from the U.S. technical advisory group to join international experts at the standards development table. NFPA thanks all the U.S. participants for their support and welcomes NFPA members to be active participants in the ISO standards community.
Individual U.S. technical advisory group and ISO working group project meetings are being scheduled in the coming months to continue to progress the standards development work.
TC 131, fluid power systems 2021 fall meetings are scheduled as virtual meetings the week of October 11 – 15. If you would like to join one of the working groups here in the U.S.A., attend a meeting, and/or learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Denise Husenica at (414) 778-3354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…