ISO and Technical Advisory Group committee meetings continue to be held virtually this year. The TC 131 spring meetings wrapped up with 10 working groups (representing over 100 fluid power engineers from Italy, Sweden, France, Germany, Turkey, United Kingdom, Japan, Sweden, China, Portugal, and the United States) coming together to further the advancement of ISO standards projects focusing on terms and symbols, product testing, hydraulic installations and systems, sealing devices, treatment of air, and pneumatic component reliability.
To date, 105 ISO Standards projects have been balloted to publish, reaffirm, update/revise, or withdraw in 2020-21.
Recently Published Standards
- ISO 19879, Metallic tube connections for fluid power and general use — Test methods for hydraulic fluid power connections
- ISO/TR 4808, Hydraulic fluid power – Interpolation method for particle count and filter test data
- ISO 4406, Hydraulic fluid power — Fluids — Method for coding the level of contamination by solid particles
- ISO 4813, Hydraulic fluid power — Background, impact and use of ISO 11171:2020 on particle count and filter test data
- ISO 7425-1, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 1: Piston seal housings
- ISO 7425-2, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 2: Rod seal housings
The virtual setting has enabled a number of new faces from the U.S. technical advisory group to join international experts at the standards development table. NFPA thanks all the U.S. participants for their support and welcomes NFPA members to be active participants in the ISO standards community.
Individual U.S. technical advisory group and ISO working group project meetings are being scheduled in the coming months to continue to progress the standards development work.
TC 131, fluid power systems 2021 fall meetings are scheduled as virtual meetings the week of October 11 – 15. If you would like to join one of the working groups here in the U.S.A., attend a meeting, and/or learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Denise Husenica at (414) 778-3354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC)August 16 – 18, 2021Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference CenterRegister Today Registration for the 2021 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is open, and the conference agenda includes a variety of networking opportunities to help you make quality connections with attendees from across the fluid power supply chain. Here…
Episode 49 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Ivan Sheffield of Des-Case and Barry Verdegan of 11171 Solutions LLC. Listen below to hear about the influence of ISO particle-counting contamination standards on the performance and longevity of hydraulic systems. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the people, technologies and…
INFLUENCE the global conversation in the standards development process.DISCOVER breakthroughs in fluid power technology.ENGAGE with important fluid power stakeholders and decision makers.JOIN the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to Technical Committee 131 – Fluid Power Systems As the International Standards Organization (ISO) secretariat for Technical Committee (TC 131) – Fluid power, NFPA coordinates standardization work, both internationally at the ISO…