ISO and Technical Advisory Group committee meetings continue to be held virtually this year. The TC 131 spring meetings wrapped up with 10 working groups (representing over 100 fluid power engineers from Italy, Sweden, France, Germany, Turkey, United Kingdom, Japan, Sweden, China, Portugal, and the United States) coming together to further the advancement of ISO standards projects focusing on terms and symbols, product testing, hydraulic installations and systems, sealing devices, treatment of air, and pneumatic component reliability.
To date, 105 ISO Standards projects have been balloted to publish, reaffirm, update/revise, or withdraw in 2020-21.
Recently Published Standards
- ISO 19879, Metallic tube connections for fluid power and general use — Test methods for hydraulic fluid power connections
- ISO/TR 4808, Hydraulic fluid power – Interpolation method for particle count and filter test data
- ISO 4406, Hydraulic fluid power — Fluids — Method for coding the level of contamination by solid particles
- ISO 4813, Hydraulic fluid power — Background, impact and use of ISO 11171:2020 on particle count and filter test data
- ISO 7425-1, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 1: Piston seal housings
- ISO 7425-2, Hydraulic fluid power cylinders — Dimensions and tolerances of housings for elastomer-energized, plastic-faced seals — Part 2: Rod seal housings
The virtual setting has enabled a number of new faces from the U.S. technical advisory group to join international experts at the standards development table. NFPA thanks all the U.S. participants for their support and welcomes NFPA members to be active participants in the ISO standards community.
Individual U.S. technical advisory group and ISO working group project meetings are being scheduled in the coming months to continue to progress the standards development work.
TC 131, fluid power systems 2021 fall meetings are scheduled as virtual meetings the week of October 11 – 15. If you would like to join one of the working groups here in the U.S.A., attend a meeting, and/or learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Denise Husenica at (414) 778-3354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chris is a Business Development Manager of Electrification for Parker Hannifin, a diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of commercial, mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. Parker Hannifin will be exhibiting several hydraulic-electric hybrid systems for implement control in mobile applications at IFPE – the International…
NFPA recently met with Matt Purdy, the Director of Career Services at Murray State University. In this webinar, we discussed several ways to get in contact with university students looking to join the fluid power industry. Although our conversation was specifically with Murray State, the information that was discussed can be applied to reaching students…
This fall, NFPA’s schedule of Regional Meetings again includes Cleveland, scheduled for Thursday, November 3. This year it will be held at Merwin’s Wharf in downtown Cleveland. NFPA Regional Meetings offer a chance to meet with other area fluid power professionals over dinner. NFPA members and non-members alike are welcome to attend and as with all other…