Every year, 200,000 people transition from the military to civilian life. To connect these skilled and experienced individuals with manufacturing jobs, the Manufacturing Institute (MI) created the Heroes MAKE America (HMA) program to offer manufacturing-specific training and networking opportunities. NFPA is partnering with The Manufacturing Institute to give NFPA members access to these candidates.
HMA program overview:
- Participants earn industry-specific skills, certifications and connections necessary to establish a fulfilling career in manufacturing.
- HMA offers a variety of remote training and in-person training options at five sites: Fort Riley in Kansas, Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Campbell in Kentucky.
- HMA provides veterans with the Department of Defense’s approved SkillBridge program with courses that include: Certified Production Technician (CPT), OSHA 10 and Forklift Operation, Mechatronics, and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT).
- NEW! The Manufacturing Institute is expanding its training programs by partnering with an immersive education startup called TRANSFR to provide virtual reality (VR) training opportunities. Working with Texas State Technical College, the remote Heroes MAKE America pilot cohort will use VR to prepare for in-demand jobs in the manufacturing industry through training in plant and construction safety, precision measurement and blueprint reading.
Ways for NFPA members to connect with veterans:
- Share this information with your company’s hiring managers!
- Regularly check the HMA resume spreadsheet to connect with veterans seeking employment across the country (updated resumes coming this week, contact Mary Pluta at NFPA with questions).
- Watch for information from NFPA about how you can participate in virtual networking events to showcase job opportunities at your company and about how you can bring HMA participants to tour your manufacturing facility (virtually or in-person, depending on local COVID guidelines).
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Mary Pluta at email@example.com.
NFPA is working on a co-sponsored event with PMMI, the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute, designed to explore technology trends in the packaging machine market and present emerging pneumatic solutions. Two key objectives have already been identified for this event, likely to occur in June 2022: “Smart” pneumatics for packaging machines – i.e., pneumatic products equipped…
As many of you may know, the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) is the leading source of hydraulic and pneumatic industry data. Members get and use our data in a variety of ways to run their businesses. Part of our market information services is providing overall industry trends. Here is the latest update: Hydraulic and…
Episode 58 of Fluid Power Forum, NFPA’s fluid power industry-focused podcast, is now live. This episode features Chuck White of Hallite Seals. Listen below to hear about the research Hallite and Milwaukee School of Engineering have collaborated on to improve the life span and performance of hydraulic seals in mobile equipment. This fluid power industry-focused podcast highlights the…