Every year, 200,000 people transition from the military to civilian life. To connect these skilled and experienced individuals with manufacturing jobs, the Manufacturing Institute (MI) created the Heroes MAKE America (HMA) program to offer manufacturing-specific training and networking opportunities. NFPA is partnering with The Manufacturing Institute to give NFPA members access to these candidates.
HMA program overview:
- Participants earn industry-specific skills, certifications and connections necessary to establish a fulfilling career in manufacturing.
- HMA offers a variety of remote training and in-person training options at five sites: Fort Riley in Kansas, Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Campbell in Kentucky.
- HMA provides veterans with the Department of Defense’s approved SkillBridge program with courses that include: Certified Production Technician (CPT), OSHA 10 and Forklift Operation, Mechatronics, and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT).
- NEW! The Manufacturing Institute is expanding its training programs by partnering with an immersive education startup called TRANSFR to provide virtual reality (VR) training opportunities. Working with Texas State Technical College, the remote Heroes MAKE America pilot cohort will use VR to prepare for in-demand jobs in the manufacturing industry through training in plant and construction safety, precision measurement and blueprint reading.
Ways for NFPA members to connect with veterans:
- Share this information with your company’s hiring managers!
- Regularly check the HMA resume spreadsheet to connect with veterans seeking employment across the country (updated resumes coming this week, contact Mary Pluta at NFPA with questions).
- Watch for information from NFPA about how you can participate in virtual networking events to showcase job opportunities at your company and about how you can bring HMA participants to tour your manufacturing facility (virtually or in-person, depending on local COVID guidelines).
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Mary Pluta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
New! NFPA Apparel Available for Purchase By Members
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles and colors available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at email@example.com
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…