Annual Report Series
Message from the President/CEO | Build Your Network & Learn with Others in the Industry | Chart Your Course with Market Insights | Reach More Customers While Keeping up with Trends | Influence the Future of Fluid Power
Now more than ever, timely and accurate industry statistics and tools are needed to help members navigate uncertainty and improve decision-making potential. Move ahead with confidence with the resources highlighted below.
These programs are only the beginning of what’s available to NFPA members. Learn more about the full menu of programs here or get a summary of each in the PDF below.
Get Your Questions Answered by Experts
NFPA’s Economic Update Webinars help members gain critical insight into the economic risks and opportunities facing their organizations. The next in the series, scheduled for May 27 at 10am CT, will help members more effectively navigate an economy affected by COVID-19. This webinar, featuring Jim Meil of ACT Research, will provide data for the latest developments and trends surrounding the economic impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. and global marketplace, specifically on the fluid power industry.
Join NFPA as we investigate what to expect from our industry’s key customer markets, as well as the short-term outlook for the fluid power industry. Learn more and register here.
Identify Leading Indicators
Strategic planning requires the proper tools to identify market trends, recognize data relationships and develop projections. With use steadily increasing over the past year, NFPA’s Stats Toolkit provides members with everything they need. Now with Economic Indicator Data, the Toolkit offers a new competitive advantage. Coupled with the “Correlation Analysis” report application, the new Economic Indicator data further enhances the user’s ability to identify leading indicators for their business.
Measure your company’s relationship with over twenty of our industry’s most popular economic indicators:
- Purchasing Managers Index (PMI)
- Industrial Production
- Retail Sales excluding Autos
- Durable Goods New Orders
- Capacity Utilization
- And many more!
Explore Industry Data by State
Interest in geographically focused industry data continues to increase among NFPA members. Updated in late 2020, the U.S. Fluid Power Regional Demand Estimates provides members with:
- Estimated geographic distribution of fluid power products to end-use industries by state,
- Fluid power sales dollar estimates, fluid power sales percentage estimates, and number of establishments for each industry in every state,
- [New!] Hydraulic/Pneumatic Demand Weighting Worksheet that applies hydraulic/pneumatic weighting to the total estimated U.S. geographic distribution of fluid power products to end-use industries.
Prepared for NFPA by Oxford Economics, this report helps members better benchmark sales performance, determine sales targets and goals, and determine specific end-use market demand, all by state.
Other Top Resources
Especially in times of uncertainty, examining the future of the U.S. fluid power industry and the end-use markets the industry serves is important, and NFPA’s Forecast Report: U.S. Customer Markets does exactly that. Produced for NFPA by ITR Economics, this quarterly report includes:
- An annual outlook for the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics, and 30 of fluid power’s most popular end-user markets.
- A quarterly outlook, with ITR phase identifiers, for the current year and next two years ahead for 30 of fluid power’s most popular end-user markets.
In addition, this report highlights several insights and indicators of interest every quarter, including:
- Current economic overview
- Economic opportunities for NFPA members
- Economic risks for NFPA members
- Management objectives for NFPA members
- Snap-shot indicators
COVID-19 has introduced a new level of economic uncertainty into the global marketplace, but NFPA’s Global Market Reports and Forecasts delivers a clear picture of our current global economy and the outlook ahead. This collection of global market reports will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to detailed by-country analysis and forecasts of popular end-use markets.
Prepared for NFPA by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy, NFPA’s Global Market Reports and Forecasts include:
- Global Fluid Power Report and Forecast
- Global Industry Forecasts
- Global Industry Briefings
- By-Country Briefings and Forecasts
- World Economic Prospects Report
- Special Reports and Webinar Recordings
Make the Most of Your Membership
- Attend an event to connect with industry leaders
Visit NFPAHub.com/events/ to learn more about upcoming connection opportunities.
- Join a committee to impact the future of the industry
Visit NFPA.com to learn more about association governance, standards development, and other engagement opportunities.
- Use exclusive market information to make better business decisions
Visit NFPAHub.com/stats/ to learn more about and access reports and data available to NFPA members.
- Take advantage of tools to uncover data insights
Visit NFPAHub.com/stats/ to learn more about and access the NFPA Stats Toolkit.
- Reach customers and promote the industry as a whole
Visit NFPAHub.com/events/ to learn more about upcoming trade show opportunities and NFPA.com to find fluid power industry information to share with your customers.
- Help build the future workforce
Visit NFPA.com to learn more about and make a donation to support our latest workforce development programs.
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…