The 2019-20 CCEFP Webinar Series is underway and covers a number of fluid power research projects supported by the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation Research Supplements. The next episode, taking place November 13 at 12 pm CST, will feature the Increasing the Efficiency of Wind Turbines through Understanding of their Transient Responses project, presented by Kim Stelson at the University of Minnesota, and the Individual Electro-Hydraulic Actuators for Off-road Machines project, presented by Andrea Vacca at Purdue University. The presentations will give updates on each of the fluid power research projects and their impacts.
The webinar series is a great opportunity to learn more about fluid power research projects and how they benefit this industry as well as contribute to the emerging workforce. It is open to CCEFP industry consortium members, NFPA members, and academic partners of these organizations. The monthly webcast series will showcase a number of the other Research Supplement recipients throughout the upcoming months.
NFPA members can register for the CCEFP Webinar Series by contacting Alyssa at email@example.com. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email and relevant reminders containing information about joining the CCEFP Webinar.
Upcoming Webinars Featuring Research Supplement Recipients
January 22, 2020
- Modeling and Optimization of Trajectory-Based HCCI Combustion (Zongxuan Sun, UMN)
- High Efficiency Hydraulic Pump-Motors Employing Partial Stroke Piston Pressurization (Tom Chase, UMN)
February 19, 2020
- Distributed Compact Hydraulic Regenerative Braking for Heavy Duty Transport Vehicles (Jose Garcia, Purdue)
- Hybrid Hydraulic-Electric Architecture for Mobile Machines (Perry Li, UMN)
March 18, 2020
- Polymer-Enhanced Fluid Effects on Mechanical Efficiency of Hydraulic Pump (Paul Michael, MSOE and Ashlie Martini, UCA-Merced)
- Dynamics of Rolling Friction in Soft-Rigid Interface (Michael Varenberg, GeorgiaTech)
May 20, 2020
- Seamless Electric to Hydraulic Conversion (Eric Severson, UW-Madison and Jim Van de Ven, UMN)
The National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) has entered into a partnership agreement with UKI Media & Events to convene and co-locate an advanced hydraulics conference for off-highway vehicle and fluid power engineers at iVT EXPO, to be held August 21-22, 2024, in Chicago, IL. iVT EXPO is an annual exposition for the off-highway vehicle design…
There is still time to register for April’s Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions. We need industry attendees to judge all aspects of the final competitions: the races, final presentations and vehicle design reviews. Industry attendees also participate in exclusive networking opportunities to recruit the next generation of talented engineers. Please register by March 1st.…
A new series of quarterly forecast updates from Oxford Economics is now available on the NFPA website at Global Industry Forecasts. These reports cover the global economy, as well as regional and country developments, and some detailed global industry forecasts. Oxford predicts a slow first half of 2024 with US industrial output being particularly stagnate.…