The 2019-20 CCEFP Webinar Series is underway and covers a number of fluid power research projects supported by the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation Research Supplements. The next episode, taking place November 13 at 12 pm CST, will feature the Increasing the Efficiency of Wind Turbines through Understanding of their Transient Responses project, presented by Kim Stelson at the University of Minnesota, and the Individual Electro-Hydraulic Actuators for Off-road Machines project, presented by Andrea Vacca at Purdue University. The presentations will give updates on each of the fluid power research projects and their impacts.
The webinar series is a great opportunity to learn more about fluid power research projects and how they benefit this industry as well as contribute to the emerging workforce. It is open to CCEFP industry consortium members, NFPA members, and academic partners of these organizations. The monthly webcast series will showcase a number of the other Research Supplement recipients throughout the upcoming months.
NFPA members can register for the CCEFP Webinar Series by contacting Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email and relevant reminders containing information about joining the CCEFP Webinar.
Upcoming Webinars Featuring Research Supplement Recipients
January 22, 2020
- Modeling and Optimization of Trajectory-Based HCCI Combustion (Zongxuan Sun, UMN)
- High Efficiency Hydraulic Pump-Motors Employing Partial Stroke Piston Pressurization (Tom Chase, UMN)
February 19, 2020
- Distributed Compact Hydraulic Regenerative Braking for Heavy Duty Transport Vehicles (Jose Garcia, Purdue)
- Hybrid Hydraulic-Electric Architecture for Mobile Machines (Perry Li, UMN)
March 18, 2020
- Polymer-Enhanced Fluid Effects on Mechanical Efficiency of Hydraulic Pump (Paul Michael, MSOE and Ashlie Martini, UCA-Merced)
- Dynamics of Rolling Friction in Soft-Rigid Interface (Michael Varenberg, GeorgiaTech)
May 20, 2020
- Seamless Electric to Hydraulic Conversion (Eric Severson, UW-Madison and Jim Van de Ven, UMN)
Mark Your Calendar: Join Us on November 15 for an Economic Update with ITR Economics – Register Today!
Registration is now open for the November 15th Economic Update Event featuring Patrick Luce of ITR Economics. The event will take place virtually. In addition to macroeconomic trends and updates, Patrick will speak on important end use markets for fluid power and updated hydraulic and pneumatic forecasts. Check out the latest fluid power forecast report…
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces quarterly forecast reports for over 60 countries and 10+ industries. These reports highlight forecast drivers and constraints with…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…