We hope everyone is downloading and enjoying our bi-weekly episodes of Fluid Power Forum – NFPA’s podcast focused on interesting and innovative uses of fluid power, and the people behind them.
With the upcoming publication of the 2023 NFPA Technology Roadmap, there’s an updated list of machine-level technology trends that we’re anxious to discuss on the podcast and in other venues. These topics include:
- Autonomy: Either semi- or fully-autonomous functions and/or operations.
- Compactness: Increasing power density and/or reducing weight and/or size.
- Connectivity: Expanding the use of data, such as intelligence for cloud-based condition monitoring, integration with site management systems, and/or communicating machine status for other value-added purposes.
- Electrification: Decarbonizing prime movers through a variety of strategies.
- Energy Efficiency: Increasing it; and including strategies to improve battery life and/or charging and to use less energy and/or reduce emissions.
- Maintenance: Making it easier; and including strategies to ease the serviceability of the machine and to increase the availability of repair and replacement parts.
- Materials: Use of conflict and/or environmentally friendly materials in strategic ways to better comply with regulations.
- Noise: Reducing perceived noise levels and/or improving noise pulsation.
Fluid power is playing a critical role in shaping each of these trends on both mobile and industrial machines, and that’s what we’d love to showcase on the podcast. If you or someone else at your company can speak about your fluid power products or solutions that are contributing to one or more of these trends — and would like some free publicity on our podcast – please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Your Calendar: Join Us on November 15 for an Economic Update with ITR Economics – Register Today!
Registration is now open for the November 15th Economic Update Event featuring Patrick Luce of ITR Economics. The event will take place virtually. In addition to macroeconomic trends and updates, Patrick will speak on important end use markets for fluid power and updated hydraulic and pneumatic forecasts. Check out the latest fluid power forecast report…
Quarterly country and industry forecast reports from Oxford Economics have been updated on NFPA’s member hub. Insights include impacts of the UAW strike on the motor vehicle industry and updates on China’s industrial production. Oxford Economics produces quarterly forecast reports for over 60 countries and 10+ industries. These reports highlight forecast drivers and constraints with…
This episode features Greg Shtrahman of Marzocchi Pumps USA. Listen to the Podcast Here Greg is a Business Development Manager at Marzocchi Pumps, a company that designs, manufactures, and sells external gear pumps and motors for high performance applications. We spoke with Marzocchi’s president in a previous episode about their low-noise gear pumps for automotive…