The annual Fluid Power Professionals’ Day photo contest, run by the International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) and Fluid Power Journal, is underway, and this year a video contest has been added to the mix. Both contests run from January 1 through March 31, 2019, and the winners will be announced on June 19 in honor of Fluid Power Professionals’ Day. Each person can enter up to one photo or video per category:
- New Perspective: Photos that show fluid power used in novel ways
and from views not everyone gets to see.
- Teamwork: Photos of people working together using fluid power to
get the job done.
- Fun with Fluid Power: Photos that capture the joy of using, learning,
or teaching about hydraulics and pneumatics.
- The Muscle of Fluid Power: Photos that capture the might of fluid
power in action.
[/half][half]VIDEO CATEGORIES: Contest submissions must be
90 seconds or less in length.
- What Is Fluid Power?: Explain fluid power to someone
outside the industry.
- Benefits of Certification: How has certification helped
in your career?
- Safety: Everyday safety solutions.[/half][/grid]
Prizes include 1st place for $250, 2nd place for $100, 3rd place for $50, and People’s Choice for $100.
Visit www.fluidpowerjournal.com to enter the contests.
This holiday season, we are thankful for each of our members. All your staff at NFPA want to thank you for all of the efforts that you have put in to help grow the fluid power industry. We couldn’t fulfill our mission without your dedication and support. Enjoy this time off with your loved ones,…
Doug is the Application Engineering Supervisor for HAWE North America, a manufacturer of hydraulic power units, pumps, valves and cylinders. HAWE will be showcasing their water resistant hydraulics that help deliver power to speed boats at IFPE – the International Fluid Power Exposition — and we invited Doug into our forum to learn more about…