Thank You to all attendees and sponsors for making the 2014 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) a huge success. This year’s event drew our second highest attendance total of 317, which further illustrates the value and importance of the information attendees receive from this conference.
This year’s conference offered hard data, critical insight and opportunities in four areas—Economics, Market Forecasts, Technology, and Networking. The schedule was packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker returned with engaging presentations. New this year, was a special geopolitical analysis by Peter Zeihan, and the Fluid Power Industry Forecast presented by Ryan Reed.
Conference highlights included:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan, Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Alex Chausovsky, IHS Technology
- Market Technology Trends: Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
- Market Technology Trends: Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
The 2014 NFPA Foundation Invitational Golf Tournament, held on Monday, August 11, was the perfect way to start this year’s IEOC activities. 27 foursomes took over the course at Chevy Chase Country Club in Wheeling, IL and raised over $9000.00 for the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation. This tournament began as an NFPA Supplier Council initiative and gets better and better each year. Next year’s tournament is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015—mark your calendars!
Mark Your Calendar for the
2015 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
August 10 – 12, 2015
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Again, thank you for attending this year’s IEOC, and we hope to see you at next year’s IEOC!
If you have any questions please contact Eric Armstrong or (414) 778-3372.
Deadline to Respond is August 18, 2022 Electrification is a buzzword throughout most industries now and is a common topic being discussed at conferences, events, and board rooms. While many businesses and industries have already embraced electrification, others are still working to understand the impacts, opportunities, and decision points to make. To add further confusion,…
The National Fluid Power Association is saddened to share the news that Tom Wanke, CFPE, director of the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium and Industry Relations at Milwaukee School of Engineering, passed away June 21, 2022. “Tom’s impact on the fluid power industry will be felt for generations,” said Eric Lanke, president and CEO of the…
Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded nineteen $2,000 scholarships to students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study. Here’s one of the winners, Brendan McCluskey.…