Thank You to all attendees and sponsors for making the 2014 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) a huge success. This year’s event drew our second highest attendance total of 317, which further illustrates the value and importance of the information attendees receive from this conference.
This year’s conference offered hard data, critical insight and opportunities in four areas—Economics, Market Forecasts, Technology, and Networking. The schedule was packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker returned with engaging presentations. New this year, was a special geopolitical analysis by Peter Zeihan, and the Fluid Power Industry Forecast presented by Ryan Reed.
Conference highlights included:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan, Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Alex Chausovsky, IHS Technology
- Market Technology Trends: Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
- Market Technology Trends: Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
The 2014 NFPA Foundation Invitational Golf Tournament, held on Monday, August 11, was the perfect way to start this year’s IEOC activities. 27 foursomes took over the course at Chevy Chase Country Club in Wheeling, IL and raised over $9000.00 for the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation. This tournament began as an NFPA Supplier Council initiative and gets better and better each year. Next year’s tournament is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015—mark your calendars!
Mark Your Calendar for the
2015 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
August 10 – 12, 2015
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Again, thank you for attending this year’s IEOC, and we hope to see you at next year’s IEOC!
If you have any questions please contact Eric Armstrong or (414) 778-3372.
Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events of 2023!
Trying to plan ahead for future travel? Use this article to lock-in these events into your calendar! Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event April 18, 2023 Virtual Delivery Vehicle Challenge Final Competitions April 12-14, 2023 | April 26-28, 2023 Norgren; Littleton, CO | Danfoss; Ames, IA Fluid Power Forum Exhibit and Member Reception at Offshore Technology…
You’re Invited: Purdue University Recruitment and Networking Event
Byline: Kyla Olson, Workforce Program and Event Manager Tuesday, April 18th, NFPA will be hosting a two-part virtual event with Purdue University. We will begin with the Indiana Workforce Engagement Group meeting where you can expect an open discussion between NFPA staff, Purdue University faculty, and industry representatives from NFPA member companies. This is meant…
Power Partner University Murray State University Focuses Heavily on Automation and Controls within Industry- Fluid Power Forum Episode 96 Now Live
This episode features Jake Hildebrant, a Professor of Electromechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Murray State University. Listen to the Podcast Here As we all know, education plays a crucial role in developing the fluid power workforce. We invited Jake into our forum to welcome Murray State University as a first-year Power Partner University, while also learning…