Thank You to all attendees and sponsors for making the 2014 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) a huge success. This year’s event drew our second highest attendance total of 317, which further illustrates the value and importance of the information attendees receive from this conference.
This year’s conference offered hard data, critical insight and opportunities in four areas—Economics, Market Forecasts, Technology, and Networking. The schedule was packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker returned with engaging presentations. New this year, was a special geopolitical analysis by Peter Zeihan, and the Fluid Power Industry Forecast presented by Ryan Reed.
Conference highlights included:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan, Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Alex Chausovsky, IHS Technology
- Market Technology Trends: Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
- Market Technology Trends: Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
The 2014 NFPA Foundation Invitational Golf Tournament, held on Monday, August 11, was the perfect way to start this year’s IEOC activities. 27 foursomes took over the course at Chevy Chase Country Club in Wheeling, IL and raised over $9000.00 for the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation. This tournament began as an NFPA Supplier Council initiative and gets better and better each year. Next year’s tournament is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015—mark your calendars!
Mark Your Calendar for the
2015 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
August 10 – 12, 2015
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Again, thank you for attending this year’s IEOC, and we hope to see you at next year’s IEOC!
If you have any questions please contact Eric Armstrong or (414) 778-3372.
This holiday season, we are thankful for each of our members. All your staff at NFPA want to thank you for all of the efforts that you have put in to help grow the fluid power industry. We couldn’t fulfill our mission without your dedication and support. Enjoy this time off with your loved ones,…
Doug is the Application Engineering Supervisor for HAWE North America, a manufacturer of hydraulic power units, pumps, valves and cylinders. HAWE will be showcasing their water resistant hydraulics that help deliver power to speed boats at IFPE – the International Fluid Power Exposition — and we invited Doug into our forum to learn more about…