The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six teaching grants. The projects will begin in January 2015, and give a number of students opportunities to learn about and study fluid power:
- At Western New England University, a senior mechanical engineering student is involved in the design and modeling of the Development of Servo-Pneumatic Experimental and Learning Platform project, led by Professor Jose Riofrio.
- At the Milwaukee School of Engineering, a team of students from mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science will develop and design the Educational Agile Pneumatic Robot project, led by Professor Luis Rodriguez.
- At the Georgia Institute of Technology, students will be introduced to advanced control techniques in their ME6404 Pneumatics coursework, led by Professor William Singhose.
- At Hennepin Technical College, students will build, design and source components for the Hydro-cycle project, led by a student, Chase Korth.
- At Purdue University, students will design and develop a Multi-User Load-Sensing System Educational Test Station, led by Professor Andrea Vacca. Upon completion, the test station will be used for lab exercises in ABE 435 Hydraulic Control Systems coursework.
- At the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, teams of students will develop the project timeline, design, analyze, assemble and test a bicycle for the Exploring Fluid Power Through Fluid-powered Bicycle Competition project, led Professor Elizabeth Hsiao-Wecksler.
For information about the projects and how you can get involved, please contact Sue Chase at email@example.com.
Like this post? Share it!
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
New! NFPA Apparel Available for Purchase By Members
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles and colors available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…