The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six teaching grants. The projects will begin in January 2015, and give a number of students opportunities to learn about and study fluid power:
- At Western New England University, a senior mechanical engineering student is involved in the design and modeling of the Development of Servo-Pneumatic Experimental and Learning Platform project, led by Professor Jose Riofrio.
- At the Milwaukee School of Engineering, a team of students from mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science will develop and design the Educational Agile Pneumatic Robot project, led by Professor Luis Rodriguez.
- At the Georgia Institute of Technology, students will be introduced to advanced control techniques in their ME6404 Pneumatics coursework, led by Professor William Singhose.
- At Hennepin Technical College, students will build, design and source components for the Hydro-cycle project, led by a student, Chase Korth.
- At Purdue University, students will design and develop a Multi-User Load-Sensing System Educational Test Station, led by Professor Andrea Vacca. Upon completion, the test station will be used for lab exercises in ABE 435 Hydraulic Control Systems coursework.
- At the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, teams of students will develop the project timeline, design, analyze, assemble and test a bicycle for the Exploring Fluid Power Through Fluid-powered Bicycle Competition project, led Professor Elizabeth Hsiao-Wecksler.
For information about the projects and how you can get involved, please contact Sue Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows the Y/Y % change in fluid power equipment PPI starting to decline. The Y/Y % change appears to have peaked at 14.4% in July 2022, and now sits at 10.4%. The graph below shows this trend over time, and just how large the recent spike…
On Saturday, February 4, 2023, the NFPA teamed up with Triton College, Illinois’ NFPA Fast Track Hub, and BSA’s Pathway to Adventure Council – Portage Creek District, IL, to introduce Scouts (ages 12-14) to fluid power. Triton College hosted the event, which was led by Antigone Sharris, Chair and full-time faculty of Triton’s Engineering Technology…
Registration is now open to NFPA members for the 2023 NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge final competitions. With the support of NFPA Pascal Society donors, this year’s NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge program features two separate competitions with a new race at each event, 23 universities, and a lot of excitement. Now is the time for NFPA Foundation…