With the New Year comes many different things for many different people. For some it is a time of resolutions. For others it is a time of reflection. For NFPA’s Economics and Statistics department it is a time of many new and updated market reports. A list of recently released market reports can be found below along with a link to NFPA’s Market Information menu.
NFPA’s Market Information Menu
NFPA Login for “Members Only Access” required.
Released in December 2015
- 2014 Annual Survey of Fluid Power Manufacturers includes market and product level shipment dollar data for the U.S. fluid power industry and is a valuable tool for determining market size, share, and segmentation.
- Global Market Reports and Forecasts are a collection of global market reports prepared by Oxford Economics that will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to very detailed analysis and forecasts of popular customer markets, these reports are all broken down from a global perspective, including specific by-country analyses and forecasts.
Coming Soon in January and February
- NFPA Forecast: U.S. Customer Markets is supplied by Alan Beaulieu and ITR Economics. These quarterly reports include an outlook, trend graph and commentary on the current year and the next two years for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics and 29 major customer markets. The report also includes insights into current events, state-by-state economic topics, industry segment overviews, snapshot indicators, reader’s questions, and Fed notes.
- The Industry Outlook Survey is an opinion-based survey that provides our members’ outlook on the future of the fluid industry as well as other micro- and macroeconomic markets and indicators.
- S. Foreign Trade Data for Fluid Power Products is an annual report based on U.S. International Trade Administration customs data that allows you to see where your international competition comes from and where the rest of the fluid power industry is exporting to. Data is broken down at both country and product levels.
- The Capacity Utilization Report provides analysis of capacity utilization data from the Federal Reserve Board on a variety of different customer markets and general indicators every quarter.
- The Market Outlook Report provides a macro-level look at U.S. and global economic indicators on a quarterly basis that includes historic and forecasted data with commentary.
Monthly Participation-Based Reports
- The Confidential Shipments Statistics (CSS) Program is the only monthly source of aggregated industry data for the U.S. fluid power industry. This report presents data on monthly orders and shipments collected from our participating U.S. manufacturer members and helps users benchmark their own company’s performance against the overall industry performance. Data is compiled by a third party to maintain confidentiality, and the results are only available to CSS participants.
- State of the Fluid Power Industry – Manufacturers Survey is a quick and easy monthly survey that gives you the pulse of the fluid power industry, with expectations for mobile hydraulics, industrial hydraulics and pneumatics. And, along with the manufacturers’ results, participants also receive access to the distributors’ results every month!
- State of the Fluid Power Industry – Distributors Survey is a quick and easy monthly survey that gives you the pulse of the distribution channel, with expectations for overall business, engineered systems, service/repairs, and inventories. And, along with the distributors’ results, participants also receive access to the manufacturers’ results every month!
Questions? Want to Participate? Contact Eric Armstrong at email@example.com or call 414-778-3372.
Upcoming Deadlines for the 2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook ConferenceAugust 15-16, 2023The Westin Chicago NorthwestRegistration Now Open NFPA’s 2023 Industry Economic Outlook Conference will feature valuable networking, thought-provoking educational sessions, the NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser and much more. With so many exclusive and unique offerings, spots at the conference and hotel are filling up quickly. Here are all the…
NFPA Members Inspire the Emerging Workforce to Pursue Fluid Power
Byline: James Foster, Workforce Program Manager The end of spring indicates the NFPA’s Fluid Power Action Challenge season is winding down for the academic year. This season has been positively marked by a strong resurgence in event attendance and grant awards. Over $24,000 in grants were awarded to 52 schools who helped more than 3,100 students across…
Registration Now Open for NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser at the 2023 IEOC
NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser at the 2023 IEOCAugust 14, 2023The Preserve at Oak Meadows Register for Golf NFPA’s Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is best known for its premier networking, enriching educational content and, of course, the NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser. After 2 years of major construction and renovation, The Preserve at Oak Meadows welcomed golfers back for a first…