The 2016 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference schedule is packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts, and, as always, registration is open to everyone in the fluid power supply chain—NFPA members and non-members alike. Register for the conference here, and don’t forget to book your hotel room here. Early bird rates end July 15, 2016.
Conference highlights include:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – Jeremy Leonard, Oxford Economics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Jim Meil, ACT Research
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – David Phillips, Off-Highway Research
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Ann Duignan, J.P. Morgan
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Pneumatics-Focused Markets Overview – Lih Fang Chew, Minnesota Rubber & Plastic
- Oil & Gas and Commodity Outlook – Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics
- Customer Technology Trends – Mark Watson, IHS Technology (to be confirmed)
- Political Analysis – Charlie Cook, Cook Political Report
- IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
- IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
- Power of Association Reception and Dinner
IEOC Speakers Forum
Another highly acclaimed feature of this conference is the IEOC Speakers Forum. Join IEOC’s most popular speakers for an economy-driven, interactive session to wrap-up the first day’s program.
“Suite Deal Drawing”
Don’t forget to take advantage of NFPA’s “Suite Deal” returning for the 2016 IEOC. Everyone who books a reservation at the Westin AND registers for the IEOC by June 15th will be entered in a drawing for a suite upgrade. If you’re ever going to win a suite upgrade, this is the time!
Reserve Your Hotel Room
The 2016 IEOC is again at the Westin Chicago North Shore. NFPA has reserved a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate of $172 plus tax. This special rate is only available until July 25th, 2016 or the block is full.* To reserve your room, call the Westin reservations line at (847) 777-6500. Be sure to request the “National Fluid Power Association” rate.
*Please Note: NFPA room blocks historically sell out long before the cut-off date. It is advisable that you book your room early.
Catching Up With NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winners; 2022 Winner Seeking Fluid Power Internship
By: Haley Nemeth The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six scholarships to students through the Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship awards $30,000 ($7,500 per year for four years) to high school seniors who participate in a VEX, FIRST®, or NRL Robotics Competition Team and uses pneumatics in the competition robot. The goal of…
NFPA Invites Members to Update Their Member Directory Listing
As part of an effort to update the online NFPA Member Directory, to include more member company branches in NFPA events taking place across North America, we would like to collect your updated member company information – including current staff and affiliate branch locations. The most valuable information to update is as follows: Member company…
2023 Spring Economic Update Webinar – Register Today!
NFPA Economic Update WebinarFeaturing Jim Meil of ACT ResearchWednesday, March 29, 10:00am CSTRegistration Open Registration is now open for the March 29th Economic Update webinar featuring Jim Meil (Principal, Industry Analysis – ACT Research.) The event will take place virtually. This event will provide insights into the latest economic developments & future trends for the…