A common market information question asked by NFPA members, as it relates to their membership benefits, is “What reports are available to my company?” While dependent on your membership type, i.e. manufacturer, distributor, product supplier, etc., NFPA’s market information programs are broken into two types, participation-based and non-participation-based programs.
Non-participation-based programs are available to all members regardless of member type, participation-based programs require a specific member type(s) before allowing participation. Below is a list of NFPA market information programs available to PRODUCT SUPPLIERS by both types, participation and non-participation based, along with a short description.
To access our market information program menu, a general listing and access to all of NFPA’s market information reports, please click one of the links below.
- NFPA Member (Your NFPA Login will be required. If you need an NFPA Login, please click HERE.)
Important Reminder: NFPA’s market information programs are only available NFPA members.
Related article: “Market Information Programs by Member Type: MANUFACTURER”
Related article: “Market Information Programs by Member Type: DISTRIBUTOR”
If you have any questions or would like to start participating in any NFPA market information program, please contact Eric Armstrong, (414) 778-3372.
Participation/Subscription-based programs: participation/subscription is required to receive reports.
- The Confidential Shipments Statistics (CSS) Program is the only monthly source of aggregated industry data for the US fluid power industry. This report presents data on monthly orders and shipments collected from our participating U.S. manufacturer members and helps users understand trends and benchmark their own company’s performance against the overall industry performance. Data is compiled by a 3rd party to maintain confidentiality, and the results are only available to CSS participants.
- NFPA Electronic Statistical Toolkit is a benefit of CSS participation. This Excel-based software package allows users to analyze trends, determine market share, and create custom forecasts using industry, company, and other data sources. Automate time-consuming calculations and analysis that are used in everyday business practices and create instant graphs and tables that drop right into your planning and presentation documents.
- Customer Market File is a benefit of CSS participation. This file is included with the monthly distribution of the CSS report and provides raw dollar data for a large variety of our industry’s most popular customer markets and economic indicators that allows users to track monthly changes in trends and market size. Data from this report is easily transferred into the NFPA Toolkit.
Non-participation-based programs: reports are available to all NFPA members, participation is not required.
- Global Market Reports and Forecasts are a collection of global market reports that will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to very detailed analysis and forecasts of popular customer markets, and all broken down from a global perspective, including specific by-country analyses and forecasts. Prepared by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy.
- NFPA Forecast: U.S. Customer Markets is supplied by Alan Beaulieu and ITR Economics. These quarterly reports include an outlook, trend graph and commentary on the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics + 29 major customer markets. The report also includes insights into current events, state-by-state economic topics, industry segment overviews, snap shot indicators, reader’s questions, and fed notes.
- NFPA Stats Dashboard is a web-based interactive tool that allows you to create a series of graphs from NFPA data sources that are saved to your member profile and only accessible through your own custom stats dashboard homepage.
- The Annual Survey of Fluid Power Manufacturers includes market and product level shipment dollar data for the U.S. fluid power industry and is a valuable tool for determining market size, share, and segmentation.
- Market Outlook Report (MOR) provides a macro-level look at U.S. and global economic indicators on a quarterly basis that includes historic & forecasted data with commentary.
- International Trade Data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division is summarized with a particular focus on fluid power products. This report also includes country by country breakouts.
- The Capacity Utilization Report provides analysis of capacity utilization data from the Federal Reserve Board on a variety of different customer markets and general indicators every quarter.
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
New! NFPA Apparel Available for Purchase By Members
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles and colors available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…