August 11-13, 2014
Westin Chicago North Shore, Wheeling, IL
The 2014 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference schedule is packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker return with engaging presentations. We also have some exciting new additions this year. Conference highlights include:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Scott Hazelton, HIS Economics
- Market Technology Trends – Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Market Technology Trends – Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
- IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
- IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
- Power of Association Reception and Dinner
IEOC Speakers Forum
Have all your questions answered at the IEOC Speakers Forum. Join IEOC’s most popular speakers for an interactive session to close out the first day’s program.
Click here to learn more about each of the speakers.
Don’t Forget to Reserve Your Hotel Room.
The 2014 IEOC is again at the Westin Chicago North Shore. NFPA has reserved a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate of $169 plus tax. This special rate is only available until July 20th, 2014 or the block is full. To reserve your room, call the Westin reservations line at (847) 777-6500. Be sure to request the “NFPA” rate.
Please Note: NFPA room blocks historically sell out long before the cut-off date. It is advisable that you book your room early to avoid sellout conditions in August.
We all know that of the ways to get more fluid power-educated engineers is to increase their exposure to fluid power classes and concepts during their college careers. The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded grants to university professors to develop new curricula that can be used at their universities but, just as importantly,…
NFPA’s Fluid Power Action Challenge attracts thousands of students across the US and Canada each year. Teams of students get the opportunity to build fluid power mechanical kits using balsawood and syringes. By using the How It Works website, NFPA hopes to encourage educators and event planners to set up Fluid Power Action Challenges within their communities.
Your company is a member of NFPA, and so are you… Learn about the services and benefits available to members. NFPA offers tours of member services including: Upcoming Networking Events Fluid Power Forum IFPE 2023 NFPA Leadership Network Executive Leadership Program Industry and Market Information Workforce Initiatives Standards Development Walkthroughs are offered virtually to all…