Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual September NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference drew an audience of over 120 attendees. The event featured three industry speakers who used their years of expertise to discuss advanced contamination control technologies for improving fluid power system efficiency, reliability and durability.
The virtual program included presentations from:
- Varnish: The Forgotten Contaminant | Mark Barnes, PhD CMRP, Senior Vice President Global Business Development, Des-Case Corporation
- Fluid Conditioning Tools to Improve Hydraulic System Performance | Bhavbhuti Pandya, Group Product Manager, Hydraulic and Lube Filters and HYDAC Technologies and Kristine Mikulan, Group Product Manager, Filter Systems, HYDAC Technologies
- Dynamic Filter Testing Reveals Need for More Robust Filter Elements | Jeffrey Mothersbaugh, Applications Engineer – Filtration, Bekaert Corporation
Presentations and video recordings from the virtual event are available for download.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference will continue at the following locations:
- December 3, 2020 location to be determined in Chicago, IL
- Topic: “Fluid Power Business Adaptability in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) Business World”
- March 4, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
- June 3, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
- September 2, 2021 – NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference – Location and Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password is needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: http://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=