Negotiation is an essential part of any business and can make or break a company’s success, but good negotiation skills often don’t come naturally. The September 9 Virtual Negotiation Workshop with Red Bear Negotiation is set to help NFPA members improve their negotiation skills through identifying and correcting common negotiation missteps, including:
- “Caving in” too quickly to customer price pressure or demands
- Giving concessions without getting enough, or anything, in return
- Finding it difficult to say “no” in a professional way, even to unreasonable demands
- Making costly, inaccurate assumptions about the needs and motivations of the other party
- Letting the customer shift the discussion too easily to price and away from value
- Having difficulty knowing when to walk away from “bad business”
- Failing to spend enough time preparing
The session will also teach attendees valuable skills such as the six negotiation principles, boundary testing and negotiation planning. Content will be highly interactive and revolve around a simulation in which participants work together in developing and practicing a negotiation. View the workshop agenda here.
Claim your spot in this half-day workshop at a low fee of $100 today!