Five 2014 spring semester teaching grants have been awarded by the NFPA Education and Technology Foundation. Each grant will help strengthen interest in fluid power and help the Foundation in its efforts to attract some of the best and brightest students to our field.
This brings the number of teaching grants to 34, given out to 20 schools to date. These awards align with our strategy to bring fluid power to as many students as possible through our growing list of educator members.
The new grants were awarded to the following schools:
- Fluid Power Mechatronics Demonstrator for Education and Outreach, John Lumkes, Purdue University
- Raiders 1/4 Scale Tractor Pull, Tim Kerrigan, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Fluid Power Institute, Mark Gengler, Cleveland Community College
- Hydrostatic Service Truck, Garrett Wosmek, Hennepin Technical College
- Use of Pneumatic Systems in Introductory Mechanical Design Projects, William Signhose, Georgia Institute of Technology
Additional information about the spring 2014 teaching grants and previously awarded grants can be found at http://www.nfpafoundation.org/Grants/CurrentProjects.aspx. If you would like to learn more about the gift program, please contact Sue Chase at (414) 778-3376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.