The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $2,000 scholarships to thirteen students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study.
A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, 500-word essay, and two letters of recommendation were required from each applicant. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals enrolled in high schools, technical colleges, and universities pursue their interests in fluid power.
The following students were each selected to receive a $2,000 scholarship:
- Brendon Eminger, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR (Robert Mackey Memorial Award)
- Robert German, Norco College, Norco, CA
- James Gile, Rosedale Technical College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Michael Kaestel, SUNY Cobleskill, Cobleskill, NY
- Ivan Karpich, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (Raymond F. Hanley Memorial Award)
- Katherine Larson, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Macumba Manga, Southeast Community College, Milford, NE
- Connor Parrish, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Joshua Plunkett, Ivy Tech Community College, Columbus, IN
- Allison Potts, College of Central Florida, Ocala, FL
- Thomas Wallace, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Brandon Waltz, Minnesota West Community & Technical College, Granite Falls, MN
- Christian Worner, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
Watch the upcoming NFPA News for pictures and personal quotes from the students. For further information on the scholarships, contact Carrie Tatman Schwartz, Workforce Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.