The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded $25,000 lab grants to four community colleges:
- Triton College in River Grove, IL
- South Central College in North Mankato, MN
- Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport, IA
- Marshalltown Community College in Marshalltown, IA
In making decisions for lab grant awards, the schools’ ability to acquire in-kind donations to maintain the lab, and the number of students involved, were important factors.
Past grant recipients of the Foundation’s Fluid Power Lab Grant Program include Western Michigan University for a new fluid power lab (pictured), and the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) to establish a mechatronics/fluid power lab. Last year, Angelina College in Texas, Central Community College in Nebraska, Hennepin Technical College in Minnesota, and Macomb Community College in Michigan also received grants.
There are a number of ways that NFPA members can support the Fluid Power Lab Program:
- Make a monetary donation
- Adopt a lab—provide mentorship and technical expertise
- Contribute parts and equipment
To learn more about fluid power lab grants and how you can get involved, contact Carrie Tatman Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.