Two TC 131 subcommittees and seven working groups focusing on sealing devices, hydraulic cylinders, and connectors met in Frankfurt this past week to further work on hydraulic and pneumatic standards development. Participating countries included Germany, United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Sweden, China, Portugal, and Turkey. NFPA would like to thank the VDMA for hosting the fall meeting schedule.
A few of the notable projects include:
- ISO 11926 series, Connections for general use and fluid power – Ports and stud ends with ISO 725 threads and O-ring sealing – A proposal is pending to update this three-part series.
- ISO 6162-1, Hydraulic fluid power – Flange connections with split or one-piece flange clamps and metric or inch screws – The U.S. has suggested some changes and will submit a new work item proposal to update the current document.
- ISO 8434-1, Metallic tube connections for fluid power and general use – Part 1: 24° cone connectors was published in July 2018.
- ISO 3601-2, Fluid power systems – O-rings – Part 2: Housing dimensions for general applications – The U.S. proposed some changes to update the document.
- Several systematic reviews were discussed, and resolutions taken to reconfirm.
The 2019 spring meeting cluster is scheduled the week of May 13 in Paris, France.
If you would like to join one of the subcommittees and/or to learn more about the development of fluid power ISO standards, contact Denise Husenica at (414) 778-3354 or email email@example.com.