by Eric Lanke
The Energy Efficient Hydraulics and Pneumatics Conference (EEHPC) is an event co-sponsored by NFPA, the FPDA Motion & Control Network, and the International Fluid Power Society. It has been held three times, in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Each time, content has been targeted to engineers and technicians in fluid power’s customer markets who do not fully understand the design concepts critical to developing efficient fluid power systems and the diagnostic and maintenance techniques essential to keeping those systems operating at peak efficiency.
Plans are now underway to organize the next EEHPC in conjunction with IFPE 2017. Two volunteer committees—one focused on a hydraulics track chaired by Dean Houdeshell of Danfoss Power Solutions, and one focused on a pneumatics track chaired by Tom Wood of Bimba Manufacturing—are hard at work assembling a schedule of educational activities focused on the concepts and techniques that can either result in significant energy savings for companies that use hydraulics or pneumatics, or otherwise make fluid power a more competitive technology choice. Envisioned topic areas include:
- Best Practices in Energy Efficient Fluid Power
- Standardized Practices in Fluid Power Systems
- Assessing Fluid Power Systems for Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Innovative Application of Energy Efficient Fluid Power
- Practical Techniques for Energy Efficient Fluid Power Systems
- Future Challenges in Energy Efficient Fluid Power
- Emerging Solutions in Energy Efficient Fluid Power
Watch for future updates as the program comes together. If you’re interested in getting involved in planning the event, or helping to promote it as an educational opportunity for your customers, please contact Carrie Tatman Schwartz at the NFPA office at (414) 778-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.