Make the right connection with schools in your area. The Education Partner Locator on NFPA.com lets you search by country, state, education level (two- and four-year degrees), and proximity to your location to produce a list of tech schools and universities that teach fluid power, complete with contact information. It’s a great way to connect with a school near you, learn about recruitment opportunities, and find ways to help get students interested in fluid power.
There are countless ways to get involved with local schools and gain visibility among the future fluid power workforce:
- Be a mentor or donate equipment and parts for fluid power labs and class projects.
- Visit a local university and talk to students about careers in fluid power. NFPA has a customizable PowerPoint presentation for you to use.
- Host or judge a Fluid Power Action Challenge event—a competition that challenges middle school students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power.
- Hold a Student Career Connections event and invite students to your company for a plant tour and introduction to fluid power. This is also a great opportunity to hand out Careers flyers.
- Be a reviewer for Fluid Power Scholarships or Fluid Power Robotics Challenge Scholarships.
- Help judge a Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge competition where college students redesign a bicycle using fluid power as the mode of power transmission.
For further insights into how you can get involved or to learn more about how to connect with a school in your area, contact Carrie Tatman Schwartz at (414) 778-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.