NFPA continues to sponsor The Manufacturing Institute’s (MI) program called Heroes MAKE America (HMA), which offers industry training designed to help our nation’s service members transition into manufacturing careers.
The MI has launched a new program in response to COVID-19 called Heroes Connect: Military to Manufacturing. As all in-person facility tours are on hold, through Heroes Connect, we can still facilitate introductions to assist HMA participants seeking manufacturing production floor jobs as well as our member companies.
The program is designed to virtually connect manufacturers across the country who are interested in hiring HMA participants and alumni. There are currently 47 HMA participants who are scheduled to graduate next month. Below is a recommended format for a webinar:
Agenda (1-1.5 hour(s)):
- Welcome (5 minutes)
- Overview of the Manufacturing Institute and Heroes MAKE America (5 minutes)
- Association Overview (2-3 minutes)
- Company Overviews (HR, Veteran Employees) (30 minutes)
- Company 1: Recorded/ Virtual Tour/ video and career opportunities
- Company 2: Recorded/ Virtual Tour/ video and career opportunities
- Open Discussion/ Q&A (15-20 minutes)
- Call to Action (2 minutes)
- Heroes follow-up (Private session): Q&A for Heroes participants (30 minutes)
The MI is in the process of expanding the audience to include the broader military/ veteran community who are looking for careers in the manufacturing industry.
If your company is interested in participating, please contact Amy Zignego at email@example.com to get connected.