These members have made serious investments of both time and money, and in return have helped spread information about our industry, and have reaped the benefits that come with connecting their companies to the schools and the science classrooms where some of their future employees are undoubtedly learning about them for the first time. In their honor, we launched the Fluid Power Challenge Champions Club—a series of awards that we will give at each Annual Conference to recognize the important milestones reached by every member who decides to take on these responsibilities. Here is a list of the first group of inductees:
- Master Pneumatic, hosted their very first Fluid Power Challenge in Michigan with 43 teams competing.
- Caterpillar, Inc., who hosted their inaugural Challenge in Illinois last November, had 17 teams competing.
- The University of Minnesota with three consecutive annual Challenges, had 22 teams participating this year.
- Wojanis Supply Company, Inc., with a track record of four consecutive annual Challenges, had 22 teams competing.
- Daman Products Company, Inc., in their fifth year of hosting, had 29 teams participating this year.
- Deltrol Fluid Products had four teams in their sixth year of hosting the Challenge.
- The Milwaukee School of Engineering has hosted seven events and this year had 34 teams competing.
- In addition to these seven, here are the other schools that have hosted a Challenge but could not attend the Annual Meeting – Georgia Tech, Cleveland Community College, Triton College, South Milwaukee High School and Waukesha STEM Academy.
The latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows the Y/Y % change in fluid power equipment PPI starting to decline. The Y/Y % change appears to have peaked at 14.4% in July 2022, and now sits at 10.4%. The graph below shows this trend over time, and just how large the recent spike…
On Saturday, February 4, 2023, the NFPA teamed up with Triton College, Illinois’ NFPA Fast Track Hub, and BSA’s Pathway to Adventure Council – Portage Creek District, IL, to introduce Scouts (ages 12-14) to fluid power. Triton College hosted the event, which was led by Antigone Sharris, Chair and full-time faculty of Triton’s Engineering Technology…
Registration is now open to NFPA members for the 2023 NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge final competitions. With the support of NFPA Pascal Society donors, this year’s NFPA Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge program features two separate competitions with a new race at each event, 23 universities, and a lot of excitement. Now is the time for NFPA Foundation…