NFPA members who have taken it upon themselves to organize and run Fluid Power Challenges for the students in their local communities were honored at the 2015 Annual Conference.
These members have made serious investments of both time and money, and in return have helped spread information about our industry, and have reaped the benefits that come with connecting their companies to the schools and the science classrooms where some of their future employees are undoubtedly learning about them for the first time. In their honor, we launched the Fluid Power Challenge Champions Club—a series of awards that we will give at each Annual Conference to recognize the important milestones reached by every member who decides to take on these responsibilities. Here is a list of the first group of inductees:
- Master Pneumatic, hosted their very first Fluid Power Challenge in Michigan with 43 teams competing.
- Caterpillar, Inc., who hosted their inaugural Challenge in Illinois last November, had 17 teams competing.
- The University of Minnesota with three consecutive annual Challenges, had 22 teams participating this year.
- Wojanis Supply Company, Inc., with a track record of four consecutive annual Challenges, had 22 teams competing.
- Daman Products Company, Inc., in their fifth year of hosting, had 29 teams participating this year.
- Deltrol Fluid Products had four teams in their sixth year of hosting the Challenge.
- The Milwaukee School of Engineering has hosted seven events and this year had 34 teams competing.
- In addition to these seven, here are the other schools that have hosted a Challenge but could not attend the Annual Meeting – Georgia Tech, Cleveland Community College, Triton College, South Milwaukee High School and Waukesha STEM Academy.
To learn more about hosting a Fluid Power Challenge event in your community, please contact Lynn Beyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 778-3364.
Like this post? Share it!
Take Advantage of the Market Information Available to You as an NFPA Member
Need a refresher on what market information is available to you as an NFPA member? Meet with NFPA’s Economic and Statistical Services Manager, Sam Diedrich, for an overview and Q&A. NFPA provides members with a variety of report types, sources, and insights to best understand trends and outlooks in the fluid power industry. Below are…
NFPA Apparel Available – Look Great and Support the Foundation!
NFPA now has member apparel available for purchase, just in time for the Industry & Economic Outlook Conference! Visit our shop to view the different styles available. Save 15% off your purchase of apparel when you register for the IEOC! For questions, please contact Allison Forsythe at email@example.com
Preview 2023 IEOC Speaker Lineup
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference August 15-16, 2023 Register for IEOC NFPA’s 2023 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is slated to offer an enriching experience to connect with key industry players as well as learn from some of the brightest minds in economics. Learn about industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, the global marketplace and more from…