Member News: Brevini Sells Portion of Businesses to Dana

NFPA member news is designed to inform members of key industry updates in quick, bite-sized posts that provide only the most important information. This week’s update comes from Brevini.

brevini_logo_stycky-2Brevini Group S.p.A. reached a definitive agreement earlier this month for Dana Incorporated to buy 80 percent of its power transmission and fluid power businesses. The purchase is expected to close in early 2017. The agreement includes the initial purchase of 80 percent of Brevini’s power transmission and fluid power businesses plus the option of purchasing the remaining 20 percent of the businesses by 2020.

Dana supplies drivetrain, sealing, and thermal-management technologies to OEMs in the passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment markets. Bringing Brevini’s power transmission and hydraulic systems that have off-highway equipment and industrial applications into the mix will allow Dana to provide a fuller array of off-highway solutions.

Read the full release here.

Is your company making news? Let us know! Send your press releases regarding acquisitions, key personnel changes, moves, and expansions to Katrina Schwarz at

Recent Posts

Fluid Power Forum Session at PACK EXPO International

Fluid Power Forum is the podcast that features interesting and innovative applications of fluid power (hydraulics and pneumatics), and it’s coming to PACK EXPO International with the latest advanced pneumatic solutions for packaging machines. Pneumatics, a reliable and cost-effective technology for many core actuated functions on these machines, is becoming even more indispensable through its…

Read More

See Who’s Attending the September 2022 NFPA/FPIC/AEM Quarterly Conference

September 1, 2022 | 8:00am– 12:30pm (Central)Virtual Delivery Plan your networking in advanced with the list of current attendees for the September NFPA/FPIC Quarterly Conference. The upcoming conference will take place September 1, 2022 and will be held jointly with the Association for Equipment Manufactures. The conference focus is on increasing efficiency and reducing emissions…

Read More

Now Announcing: Workforce Engagement Groups

A critical pillar of the NFPA’s mission is to develop an educated fluid power workforce and connect students to careers in the industry. In support of this mission, we are launching four state-specific Workforce Engagement Groups – one each in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Indiana. The purpose of these groups is to bring your company…

Read More