One of the most common questions asked by NFPA members when it comes to market information, as it relates to their membership benefits, is “What reports are available to my company?” In most cases, this is dependent on your membership type, i.e. manufacturer, distributor, product supplier, etc. NFPA’s market information programs are generally broken into two types, participation-based and non-participation-based programs.
While non-participation-based programs are typically available to all members regardless of member type, participation-based programs do require a specific member type(s) to be eligible to participate. Below is a list of NFPA market information programs available to MANUFACTURERS by both participation- and non-participation-based, along with a short description.
To access our market information program menu, a general listing and access to all of NFPA’s market information reports, please click one of the links below.
- NFPA Member (Your NFPA Login will be required; If you need an NFPA Login, please click HERE.)
Important Reminder: NFPA’s market information programs are only available to NFPA members.
If you have any questions or would like to start participating in any NFPA market information program, please contact Eric Armstrong; (414) 778-3372.
Participation-based programs: participation is required to receive reports.
- The Confidential Shipments Statistics (CSS) Program is the only monthly source of aggregated industry data for the US fluid power industry. This report presents data on monthly orders and shipments collected from our participating U.S. manufacturer members and helps users understand trends and benchmark their own company’s performance against the overall industry performance. Data is compiled by a 3rd party to maintain confidentiality, and the results are only available to CSS participants.
- NFPA Electronic Statistical Toolkit is a benefit of CSS participation. This Excel-based software package allows users to: analyze trends, determine market share, and create custom forecasts using industry, company, and other data sources; automate time-consuming calculations and analysis that are used in everyday business practices; and create instant graphs and tables that drop right into your planning and presentation documents.
- Customer Market File is a benefit of CSS participation. This file is included with the monthly distribution of the CSS report and provides raw dollar data for a large variety of our industry’s most popular customer markets and economic indicators that allows users to track monthly changes in trends and market size. Data from this report is easily transferred into the NFPA Toolkit.
- The State of the Fluid Power Industry Survey is an electronic opinion-based survey that is conducted within our membership on a monthly basis and includes seven multiple choice questions concerning the current and future state of the industry.
- The Customer Market Survey provides analysis of fluid power customer market and sales channel segmentation. This survey is conducted among our membership every year.
- The Industry Outlook Survey is an opinion-based survey that provides our members’ outlook on the future of the fluid industry, as well as other micro & macroeconomic markets and indicators.
Non-participation-based programs: reports are available to all NFPA members, participation is not required.
- Global Market Reports and Forecasts are a collection of global market reports that will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to very detailed analysis and forecasts of popular customer markets, and all broken down from a global perspective, including specific by-country analyses and forecasts. Prepared by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy.
- NFPA Forecast: U.S. Customer Markets is supplied by Alan Beaulieu and ITR Economics. These quarterly reports include an outlook, trend graph and commentary on the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics + 29 major customer markets. The report also includes insights into current events, state-by-state economic topics, industry segment overviews, snap shot indicators, reader’s questions, and fed notes.
- NFPA Stats Dashboard is a web-based interactive tool that allows you to create a series of graphs from NFPA data sources that are saved to your member profile and only accessible through your own custom stats dashboard homepage.
- The Annual Survey of Fluid Power Manufacturers includes market and product level shipment dollar data for the U.S. fluid power industry and is a valuable tool for determining market size, share, and segmentation.
- Market Outlook Report (MOR) provides a macro-level look at U.S. and global economic indicators on a quarterly basis that includes historic and forecasted data with commentary.
- International Trade Data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division is summarized with a particular focus on fluid power products. This report also includes country by country breakouts.
- The Capacity Utilization Report provides analysis of capacity utilization data from the Federal Reserve Board on a variety of different customer markets and general indicators every quarter.
Meet the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Teams – Part 3
Article By: Mary Pluta Programs like the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation, Pascal Society, and Tom Wanke Legacy Fund donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. Twenty-three teams from universities around the country are getting ready to participate in…
Groundbreaking Attendance Records at IFPE and CONEXPO-CON/Agg 2023
As the largest trade show in North America, it is no surprise that IFPE & CONEXPO-CON/Agg continued to grow in exhibitors and attendees. This year’s show reached a new high, attracting over 139,000 attendees from around the world. IFPE 2023 showcased the fluid power industry and featured many new innovative and cutting-edge fluid power technologies as…
Catching Up With NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winners; 2022 Winner Seeking Fluid Power Internship
By: Haley Nemeth The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six scholarships to students through the Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship awards $30,000 ($7,500 per year for four years) to high school seniors who participate in a VEX, FIRST®, or NRL Robotics Competition Team and use pneumatics in the competition robot. The goal of…