A common market information question asked by NFPA members, as it relates to their membership benefits, is “What reports are available to my company?” While dependent on your membership type, i.e. manufacturer, distributor, product supplier, etc., NFPA’s market information programs are broken into two types, participation-based and non-participation-based programs.
Non-participation-based programs are available to all members regardless of member type, participation-based programs require a specific member type(s) before allowing participation. Below is a list of NFPA market information programs available to DISTRIBUTORS by both types, participation and non-participation based, along with a short description.
To access our market information program menu, a general listing and access to all of NFPA’s market information reports, please click one of the links below.
- NFPA Member (Your NFPA Login will be required. If you need an NFPA Login, please click HERE.)
Important Reminder: NFPA’s market information programs are only available NFPA members.
If you have any questions or would like to start participating in any NFPA market information program, please contact Eric Armstrong, (414) 778-3372.
Participation-based programs: participation is required to receive reports.
- The Industry Outlook Survey is an opinion survey conducted twice a year that provides our member’s outlook on the future of the fluid industry, as well as other micro & macroeconomic markets and indicators.
Non-participation-based programs: reports are available to all NFPA members, participation is not required.
- The Confidential Shipments Statistics (CSS) Program is the only monthly source of aggregated industry data for the US fluid power industry. This report presents data on monthly orders and shipments collected from our participating US manufacturer members and helps users understand trends and benchmark their own company’s performance against the overall industry performance. Data is compiled by a 3rd party to maintain confidentiality, and the results are only available to CSS participants.
- NFPA Electronic Statistical Toolkit is a benefit of CSS participation. This Excel-based software package allows users to analyze trends, determine market share, and create custom forecasts using industry, company, and other data sources. Automate time-consuming calculations and analysis that are used in everyday business practices and create instant graphs and tables that drop right into your planning and presentation documents.
- Global Market Reports and Forecasts are a collection of global market reports that will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to very detailed analysis and forecasts of popular customer markets, and all broken down from a global perspective, including specific by-country analyses and forecasts. Prepared by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy.
- NFPA Forecast: U.S. Customer Markets is supplied by Alan Beaulieu and ITR Economics. These quarterly reports include an outlook, trend graph and commentary on the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics + 29 major customer markets. The report also includes insights into current events, state-by-state economic topics, industry segment overviews, snap shot indicators, reader’s questions, and fed notes.
- NFPA Stats Dashboard is a web-based interactive tool that allows you to create a series of graphs from NFPA data sources that are saved to your member profile and only accessible through your own custom stats dashboard homepage.
- The Annual Survey of Fluid Power Manufacturers includes market and product level shipment dollar data for the U.S. fluid power industry and is a valuable tool for determining market size, share, and segmentation.
- Market Outlook Report (MOR) provides a macro-level look at U.S. and global economic indicators on a quarterly basis that includes historic & forecasted data with commentary.
- International Trade Data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division is summarized with a particular focus on fluid power products. This report also includes country by country breakouts.
- The Capacity Utilization Report provides analysis of capacity utilization data from the Federal Reserve Board on a variety of different customer markets and general indicators every quarter.
We all know that of the ways to get more fluid power-educated engineers is to increase their exposure to fluid power classes and concepts during their college careers. The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded grants to university professors to develop new curricula that can be used at their universities but, just as importantly,…
NFPA’s Fluid Power Action Challenge attracts thousands of students across the US and Canada each year. Teams of students get the opportunity to build fluid power mechanical kits using balsawood and syringes. By using the How It Works website, NFPA hopes to encourage educators and event planners to set up Fluid Power Action Challenges within their communities.
Your company is a member of NFPA, and so are you… Learn about the services and benefits available to members. NFPA offers tours of member services including: Upcoming Networking Events Fluid Power Forum IFPE 2023 NFPA Leadership Network Executive Leadership Program Industry and Market Information Workforce Initiatives Standards Development Walkthroughs are offered virtually to all…