A common market information question asked by NFPA members, as it relates to their membership benefits, is “What reports are available to my company?” While dependent on your membership type, i.e. manufacturer, distributor, product supplier, etc., NFPA’s market information programs are broken into two types, participation-based and non-participation-based programs.
Non-participation-based programs are available to all members regardless of member type, participation-based programs require a specific member type(s) before allowing participation. Below is a list of NFPA market information programs available to DISTRIBUTORS by both types, participation and non-participation based, along with a short description.
To access our market information program menu, a general listing and access to all of NFPA’s market information reports, please click one of the links below.
- NFPA Member (Your NFPA Login will be required. If you need an NFPA Login, please click HERE.)
Important Reminder: NFPA’s market information programs are only available NFPA members.
If you have any questions or would like to start participating in any NFPA market information program, please contact Eric Armstrong, (414) 778-3372.
Participation-based programs: participation is required to receive reports.
- The Industry Outlook Survey is an opinion survey conducted twice a year that provides our member’s outlook on the future of the fluid industry, as well as other micro & macroeconomic markets and indicators.
Non-participation-based programs: reports are available to all NFPA members, participation is not required.
- The Confidential Shipments Statistics (CSS) Program is the only monthly source of aggregated industry data for the US fluid power industry. This report presents data on monthly orders and shipments collected from our participating US manufacturer members and helps users understand trends and benchmark their own company’s performance against the overall industry performance. Data is compiled by a 3rd party to maintain confidentiality, and the results are only available to CSS participants.
- NFPA Electronic Statistical Toolkit is a benefit of CSS participation. This Excel-based software package allows users to analyze trends, determine market share, and create custom forecasts using industry, company, and other data sources. Automate time-consuming calculations and analysis that are used in everyday business practices and create instant graphs and tables that drop right into your planning and presentation documents.
- Global Market Reports and Forecasts are a collection of global market reports that will allow you to investigate every angle of our global marketplace. From high-level macro data and leading indicators, to very detailed analysis and forecasts of popular customer markets, and all broken down from a global perspective, including specific by-country analyses and forecasts. Prepared by Oxford Economics, one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms and provider of reports, forecasts and analytical tools on the global economy.
- NFPA Forecast: U.S. Customer Markets is supplied by Alan Beaulieu and ITR Economics. These quarterly reports include an outlook, trend graph and commentary on the current year and next two years ahead for fluid power, hydraulics, pneumatics + 29 major customer markets. The report also includes insights into current events, state-by-state economic topics, industry segment overviews, snap shot indicators, reader’s questions, and fed notes.
- NFPA Stats Dashboard is a web-based interactive tool that allows you to create a series of graphs from NFPA data sources that are saved to your member profile and only accessible through your own custom stats dashboard homepage.
- The Annual Survey of Fluid Power Manufacturers includes market and product level shipment dollar data for the U.S. fluid power industry and is a valuable tool for determining market size, share, and segmentation.
- Market Outlook Report (MOR) provides a macro-level look at U.S. and global economic indicators on a quarterly basis that includes historic & forecasted data with commentary.
- International Trade Data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division is summarized with a particular focus on fluid power products. This report also includes country by country breakouts.
- The Capacity Utilization Report provides analysis of capacity utilization data from the Federal Reserve Board on a variety of different customer markets and general indicators every quarter.
NFPA’s Stats Toolkit allows NFPA members to see the latest trends in fluid power. This web-based tool houses Confidential Shipment Statistics (CSS) data along with economic indicators, customer market data, and forecast data. Users can create custom, downloadable reports through 5 report types: 12/12 Rate of Change (ROC): The latest trends suggest that fluid power…
March’s Quarterly Technology Conference – New Components and System Architecture that Increase Energy Efficiency
Registration is now open for the March NFPA Quarterly Technology Conference. The upcoming conference will take place March 2, 2023 and will be held jointly with FPIC. The conference focus is “New Components and System Architectures that Increase Energy Efficiency.” Presentations will be broadcast virtually over Remo. Sessions will include: View the tentative schedule of events here and…
IFPE Preview: Unique Role that Distributors Play in the Electrification of Mobile Machines – Fluid Power Forum Episode 92 Now Live
This episode features Jim Kaas, the President of IFP Motion Solutions, Inc. IFP is a distributor of hydraulic power units and automation systems. Listen to the Podcast Here IFP is NFPA’s Gold Sponsor, the highest level of sponsorship one can have within our organization. Jim is also Chair of the NFPA Board of Directors for…