August 10-12, 2015 at the Westin Chicago North Shore, Wheeling, IL
The Industry & Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC) is NFPA’s highly anticipated economic event for everyone in the fluid power supply chain—NFPA members and non-members alike—all are invited to attend. Focusing on the opportunities and threats associated with the economy, as they relate specifically to the fluid power industry, the IEOC features industry experts that share the analyses, hard data and critical insight needed to help fluid power business leaders translate economic trends into competitive intelligence to successfully plan for the future.
Conference content examines industry economics, market forecasts, and technology breakthroughs likely to impact the fluid power supply chain for years to come. Conference speakers cover macroeconomic and global trends, while also providing insights into key mobile and industrial customer markets. The IEOC is a great opportunity for fluid power professionals to connect, providing one of the best opportunities for information gathering and networking, to help your company advance.
This year’s schedule is packed with an outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and a representative from Oxford Economics return with engaging presentations. Along with the acclaimed geopolitical analysis by Peter Zeihan.
Conference highlights include:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – Invited Speaker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics and Energy – Peter Zeihan, Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Jim Meil, ACT Research
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – David Phillips, Off-Highway Research
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – TBD
- Market Technology Trends: Variable Speed Drives – Mohammad Mian, IHS Technology
- IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
- IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
- Power of Association Reception and Dinner
IEOC Speakers Forum
Another highly acclaimed feature of this conference is the IEOC Speakers Forum. Join IEOC’s most popular speakers for an economy-driven, interactive session to wrap-up the first day’s program.
Registration to open in early May. For updates to the IEOC program, check back here.
We all know that of the ways to get more fluid power-educated engineers is to increase their exposure to fluid power classes and concepts during their college careers. The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded grants to university professors to develop new curricula that can be used at their universities but, just as importantly,…
NFPA’s Fluid Power Action Challenge attracts thousands of students across the US and Canada each year. Teams of students get the opportunity to build fluid power mechanical kits using balsawood and syringes. By using the How It Works website, NFPA hopes to encourage educators and event planners to set up Fluid Power Action Challenges within their communities.
Your company is a member of NFPA, and so are you… Learn about the services and benefits available to members. NFPA offers tours of member services including: Upcoming Networking Events Fluid Power Forum IFPE 2023 NFPA Leadership Network Executive Leadership Program Industry and Market Information Workforce Initiatives Standards Development Walkthroughs are offered virtually to all…